Posted on 2014-01-26. By anonymous.
ISBN: 9400779046 | 2013 | PDF | 214 pages | 12 MB
This textbook aims to describe the fascinating area of eukaryotic gene regulation for graduate students in all areas of the biomedical sciences. Gene expression is essential in shaping the various phenotypes of cells and tissues and as such, regulation of expression is a fundamental aspect of nearly all processes in physiology, both in healthy and in diseased states. This pivotal role for the regulation of gene expression makes this textbook essential reading from students of all the biomedical sciences in order to be better prepared for their specialized disciplines.
A complete understanding of transcription factors and the processes that alter their activity is a major goal of modern life science research. The availability of the whole human genome sequence (and that of other eukaryotic genomes) and the consequent development of next-generation sequencing technologies have significantly changed nearly all areas of the biological sciences. For example, the genome-wide location of histone modifications and transcription factor binding sites, such as provided by the ENCODE consortium, has greatly improved our understanding of gene regulation. Therefore, the focus of this book is the description of the post-genome understanding of gene regulation.
The purpose of this book is to provide, in a condensed form, an overview on the present understanding of the mechanisms of gene regulation. The authors are not aiming to compete with comprehensive treatises, but rather focus on the essentials. Therefore, the authors have favored a high figure-to-text ratio following the rule which states that â€œa picture tells more than thousand wordsâ€.
The content of the book is based on the lecture course, which is given by Prof. Carlberg since 2001 at the University of Eastern Finland in Kuopio. The book is subdivided into 4 sections and 13 chapters. Following the Introduction there are three sections, which take a view on gene regulation from the perspective of transcription factors, chromatin and non-coding RNA, respectively. Besides its value as a textbook, Mechanisms of Gene Regulation will be a useful reference for individuals working in biomedical laboratories.
Please inform me if link is dead!
- Ebooks list page : 24882
- 2014-02-16Mechanisms of Gene Regulation [Repost]
- 2018-06-15Chromatin and Gene Regulation Molecular Mechanisms in Epigenetics
- 2009-08-12Chromatin and Gene Regulation: Molecular Mechanisms in Epigenetics
- 2019-02-23Mechanisms of Systemic Regulation Respiration and Circulation
- 2019-02-22Mechanisms of Systemic Regulation Acid-Base Regulation, Ion-Transfer and Metabolism
- 2019-01-30Mechanisms of Systemic Regulation Respiration and Circulation
- 2019-01-30Mechanisms of Systemic Regulation Acid-Base Regulation, Ion-Transfer and Metabolism
- 2019-01-28Virulence and Gene Regulation
- 2019-01-28RNA Binding Proteins New Concepts in Gene Regulation
- 2019-01-28Plant Cold Hardiness Gene Regulation and Genetic Engineering
- 2019-01-24Metal Ions in Gene Regulation - Removed
- 2019-01-11Metal Ions in Gene Regulation
- 2018-12-27Metal Ions in Gene Regulation
- 2018-12-04Gene Regulation
- 2018-11-24Molecular Recognition of DNA Double Helix Gene Regulation and Photochemistry of BrU Substituted DNA
- 2018-04-19Molecular Recognition of DNA Double Helix Gene Regulation and Photochemistry of BrU Substituted DNA
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Nuclear Structure, Genome Architecture and Gene Regulation
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Cardiovascular Regulation
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: Gene Regulation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.