Posted on 2019-04-15, by Germany2020.
Title: None of This Makes Me Worry
Year Of Release: 2019
Label: Rama Lama Records
Genre: Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Female Vocal
Quality: Mp3 320 kbps / FLAC (tracks)
Total Time: 38:23
Total Size: 239 / 716 MB
1. VCR (03:52)
2. Reject (03:16)
3. Dancer (03:46)
4. Stress (03:43)
5. Always (05:30)
6. Marina (02:19)
7. Overthinking (02:56)
8. You'll Be Lost (03:38)
9. Merit (04:09)
10. Stalker (05:15)
Since debuting with catchy single Human early 2016 things have moved steady for Stockholm psych pop act Melby. The 2017 debut EP received praise from both Swedish and international sources such as Amazing Radio, Ja Ja Ja and Line of Best Fit, making Melby one of the most exciting names on the Swedish indie scene. The band returned with Reject and Overthinking last year, a year which then saw tour dates in London and Berlin, as well as all over Sweden. Debut album None of this makes me worry is yet another piece to the exciting puzzle that is Melby's music and another step in what is forming to be one very promising career. The album is out April 12th on all digital platforms and limited vinyl via Stockholm label Rama Lama Records (ROW) and Sinnbus (Germany/Switzerland/Austria).
The band often gets comparison to fellow swedes Dungen and Amason but Melby's dynamic sound, with influences from folk, psych, indie and pop, stand out. The quartets light, semi-psychedelic folk pop is led by Matilda Wiezell's enchanting voice which fits perfectly with Melby's unique musical landscape - a sound that's been called "otherworldly, and wholly brilliant" by The Line of Best Fit. The band consists of Wiezell, Are Engen Steinsholm (back-up vocals, guitar), David Jehrlander (bass) and Teo Jernkvist (drums) and formed while living together in a Stockholm shared housing.
None of this makes me worry catches all of Melbys many qualities in a way that truly represents the bands musical expressions. Beautifully intertwined song and guitar melodies are often in focus and ranges between catchy pop to emotional melancholy. From childish, playful opener VCR to the closing dynamic live favourite Stalker there is a common theme, even if the inspiration comes from a wide variety of directions.
The band about None of this makes me worry:
"Our debut album None of this makes me worry is closer to our live sound than our earlier releases. While recording it, we worked faster and more focused than before. Even though we have added some extra glitter to the songs, we stayed loyal to their core and how we normally play them. In contrast, we spent about a year on and off in the studio when recording our last EP, and those songs changed a lot in the process. It feels great that the album turned out like this. Our sound has gradually developed during the three years we have played together, and the album reflects this more clearly than our earlier tracks.
We have tried to really delve into the different moods of each song, to push them as far as we could in their own directions. Like, not really thinking about the album as a whole while working with the individual songs. Just arranging, playing and mixing to max out the original moods of the songs. We tried to make VCR both trippy and childlike, and Marina kind of mature and polished, and as much lazy country as we could manage without getting an identity crisis. Reject is our attempt at straightforward dreamy indie pop, and Stalker is kind of bluesy, with both raw and desperate elements to it. We spent quite some time finding the right order of the tracks to make the album come together musically, yet still being a bit surprising at times."
None of this makes me worry, including singles Reject, Overthinking, VCR and Dancer is set to be released April 12th on all platforms and limited vinyl via Stockholm label Rama Lama Records (Steve Buscemi's Dreamy Eyes, Kluster, Chez Ali etc.) and Sinnbus.
- Ebooks list page : 40272
- 2019-02-28Mollie Makes - Issue 103 2019 - Removed
- 2019-02-05The Twilight Sad - It WonT Be Like This All the Time (2019)
- 2017-06-26One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter Essays
- 2013-04-02Free Download Twistys 2013.03.29 Candice Luca â€“ This Makes My Day - Removed
- 2019-05-05Marc Copland - Gary (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Unlike Pluto - Pluto Tapes Volume 2 (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Trio ClariNord - BeethovenFrühlingNess (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Teodoro Anzellotti - Tourbillons de Rameau (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Ruby Red & the Moonshine Brothers - Over the Wall (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Puppetmastaz - Sweet Sugar Rush (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Moondog - The Stockholm 1981 Recordings (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Miyuji Kaneko - Liszt Recital (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-05Masaaki Suzuki - J.S. Bach English Suites (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-04Martin James Bartlett - Love and Death (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-04King Crimson - Thela Hun Ginjeet (KC50 Vol. 2) (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-04Herbert Schuch - Beethoven & Ligeti Bagatellen (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-04Hands On Strings - Free Ride (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-04Gwilym Simcock - Near and Now (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-05-04George Benson - Walking To New Orleans (2019) [Hi-Res]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.