Posted on 2018-11-23, by voska89.
Mexico City, 1808: Power, Sovereignty, and Silver in an Age of War and Revolution (DiÃ¡logos Series) by John Tutino
2018 | ISBN: 0826360017, 0826360009 | English | 320 pages | PDF | 11 MB
In 1800 Mexico City was the largest, richest, most powerful city in the Americas, its vibrant silver economy an engine of world trade. Then Napoleon invaded Spain in 1808, desperate to gain New Spain's silver. He broke Spain's monarchy, setting off a summer of ferment in Mexico City. People took to the streets, dreaming of an absent king, seeking popular sovereignty, and imagining that the wealth of silver should serve New Spain and its people-until a military coup closed public debate. Political ferment continued while drought and famine stalked the land. Together they fueled the political and popular risings that exploded north of the capital in 1810.
Tutino offers a new vision of the political violence and social conflicts that led to the fall of silver capitalism and Mexican independence in 1821. People demanding rights faced military defenders of power and privilege-the legacy of 1808 that shaped Mexican history.
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 37878
- 2018-12-07Burkina Faso A History of Power, Protest and Revolution
- 2018-11-21Burkina Faso A History of Power, Protest and Revolution
- 2019-05-07My Mexico City Kitchen: Recipes and Convictions
- 2019-01-28Urban Air Pollution and Forests Resources at Risk in the Mexico City Air Basin - Removed
- 2018-08-15Globalization and Capitalist Geopolitics Sovereignty and state power in a multipolar world
- 2018-01-31[PDF] From the Natural Man to the Political Machine: Sovereignty and Power in the Works of Thomas Hobbes
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Deco Body, Deco City: Female Spectacle and Modernity in Mexico City, 1900-1939 (The Mexican Experience)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Compromised Positions: Prostitution, Public Health, and Gender Politics in Revolutionary Mexico City
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Down and Delirious in Mexico City: The Aztec Metropolis in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Domestic Economies: Family, Work, and Welfare in Mexico City, 1884-1943 (Engendering Latin America)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Constructing Mexico City: Colonial Conflicts over Culture, Space, and Authority - Removed
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Particles, Quantum Fields and Statistical Mechanics: Proceedings of the 1973 Summer Institute in Theoretical Physics held at Mexico City (Lecture Notes in Physics) - Removed
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Oh Mexico!: Love and Adventure in Mexico City
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Death of Aztec Tenochtitlan, the Life of Mexico City (Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Series in Latin American and L)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] The Insecure City: Space, Power, and Mobility in Beirut
- 2017-09-18City on Fire Technology, Social Change, and the Hazards of Progress in Mexico City, 1860-1910
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Death of Aztec Tenochtitlan, the Life of Mexico City (Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Series in Latin American and L)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Constructing Mexico City: Colonial Conflicts over Culture, Space, and Authority
- 2014-03-03Down and Delirious in Mexico City: The Aztec Metropolis in the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.