Posted on 2011-11-01. By anonymous.
Dario Camuffo - Microclimate for Cultural Heritage
Publisher: ElsÐµvier SciÐµnce | 1998-04-23 | ISBN: 0444829253 | PDF | 432 pages | 21.76 MB
This is a useful microphysics handbook for conservators and specialists in physics, chemistry, architecture, engineering, geology and biology dealing with the environment and works of art. A rigourous treatment and a background familiarity with the underlying physics behind mathematics are covered, giving a detailed description and interpretation of the main microphysical phenomena, removing unsound popular beliefs. The basis are given for non-destructive diagnostics to evaluate causes of damage determined by atmoshpheric factors, as well as negative consequences of the unsound use of technology and mass tourism. To this aim, suggestions are given on the fundamental principles in designing heating, air conditioning, lighting and in reducing the deposition of pollutants on works of art. Theory and experience are coupled to describe the complex condensation mechanisms and the fundamental role played by water in the stone deterioration and the formation of crusts on monuments. Urban meteorology, air-surface interactions, atmospheric stability, dispersion and deposition of airborne pollutants are also key topics of this book, for which the main aim has been to make comprehensible to a wider audience a matter that is only familiar to a few specialists.
This book combines a theoretical background with many years of accurate laboratory research, field surveys and practice. The first part, devoted to applied theory, is a concise treatise on microphysics, which includes a survey on the basic ideas which are necessary for environmental diagnostic and conservation. The second part of the book focuses on the practical utilisation and shows in detail how field surveys should be performed, with many suggestions and examples and the indication of some common errors that should be avoided.
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
- Ebooks list page : 14903
- 2010-08-21Microclimate for Cultural Heritage (Repost)
- 2014-01-13Multimedia for Cultural Heritage [Repost]
- 2013-12-22Microclimate for Cultural Heritage, Second Edition
- 2011-11-09Microclimate for Cultural Heritage
- 2011-10-08Microclimate for Cultural Heritage
- 2014-03-21Digital Imaging for Cultural Heritage Preservation: Analysis, Restoration, and Reconstruction of Ancient Artworks (repost)
- 2018-10-29Nuclear physics for cultural heritage
- 2018-07-18New Activities For Cultural Heritage Proceedings of the International Conference Heritagebot 2017
- 2018-04-22Geophysical Methods for Cultural Heritage Management
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Analytical Chemistry for Cultural Heritage (Topics in Current Chemistry Collections)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Museum Security and Protection: A Handbook for Cultural Heritage Institutions (Heritage: Care-Preservation-Management)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Museum Security and Protection: A Handbook for Cultural Heritage Institutions (Heritage: Care-Preservation-Management)
- 2013-12-10Human Computer Interaction, Tourism and Cultural Heritage (repost)
- 2013-10-26Digital Preservation Technology for Cultural Heritage
- 2012-12-02Digital Heritage: Applying Digital Imaging to Cultural Heritage (repost)
- 2012-10-27Scientific Methods and Cultural Heritage (repost)
- 2012-05-28Scientific Methods and Cultural Heritage (Repost)
- 2012-03-29Digital Imaging for Cultural Heritage Preservation: Analysis, Restoration, and Reconstruction of Ancient Artworks
- 2012-03-12Multimedia for Cultural Heritage: First International Workshop, MM4CH 2011, Modena, Italy, May 3, 2011, Revised Selected Papers (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.