Posted on 2019-03-07, by perica123.
Mindful Design - How and Why to Make Design Decisions for the Good of Those Using Your Product by Scott Riley
English | ISBN-10: 1484242335 | 368 pages | PDF | 10.8 MB
Learn to create seamless designs backed by a responsible understanding of the human mind. This book e x a mines how human behavior can be used to integrate your product design into lifestyle, rather than interrupt it, and make decisions for the good of those that are using your product.
Mindful Design introduces the areas of brain science that matter to designers, and passionately explains how those areas affect each human's day-to-day experiences with products and interfaces. You will learn about the neurological aspects and limitations of human vision and perception; about our attachment to harmony and dissonance, such as visual harmony, musical harmony; and about our brain's propensity towards pattern recognition and how we perceive the world cognitively.
In the second half of the book you will focus on the practical application of what you have learned, specific to interaction and interface design. Real-world e x a mples are used throughout so that you can really see how design is impacting our everyday digital experience.
Design is a responsibility, but not enough designers understand the human mind or the process of thought. This book explores the key factors involved and shows you how to make the right design choices.
What You'll Learn
Review how attention and distraction work and the cost of attentional switching
Use Gestalt principles to communicate visual grouping
Ensure your underlying models make sense to your audience
Use time, progression, and transition to create a composition
Carefully e x a mine controlling behavior through reductionist and behaviorist motivation concepts
Apply the theoretical knowledge to practical, mindful application design
Who This Book Is For
The primary audience for this book is professional designers who wish to learn more about the human mind and how to apply that to their work. The book is also useful for design-focussed product owners and startup founders who wish to apply ethical thinking to a team, or when bootstrapping their products. The secondary audience is design students who are either studying a 'traditional' visual design course, or a UX/interaction design course who have a desire to learn how they might be able to apply mindful design to their early careers. Finally, a tertiary audience for this book would be tutors involved in teaching design, or peripheral, courses who may wish to incorporate its teachings into their lectures, workshops or seminars.
- Ebooks list page : 39599
- 2018-12-13Mindful Design How and Why to Make Design Decisions for the Good of Those Using Your Product
- 2017-12-27[PDF] How and why have advancements in technology engineered the success of video gaming.
- 2016-10-25How and why have advancements in technology engineered the success of video gaming
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-16How and Why States Defect from Contemporary Military Coalitions
- 2019-07-12#(Best) - Why You Should Read Palaces for the People: How Social Infrastructure Can Help Fight Inequality, Polarization, and the Decline of Civic Life by Eric Klinenberg Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2019-06-30Last Ape Standing The Seven-Million-Year Story of How and Why We Survived
- 2019-05-10The how and why Electronics
- 2019-03-12Cataclysmic Variable Stars - How and Why they Vary
- 2019-03-05Cataclysmic Variable Stars - How and Why they Vary
- 2019-02-24Borrowed Time The Science of How and Why We Age [Audiobook]
- 2019-02-23Love Understood The Science of Who, How and Why We Love [Audiobook]
- 2019-02-22Love Factually The Science of Who, How and Why We Love [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31Decoding the New Consumer Mind How and Why We Shop and Buy [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-30Love Factually The Science of Who, How and Why We Love [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-27Love Understood The Science of Who, How and Why We Love [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-27Borrowed Time The Science of How and Why We Age [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.