Posted on 2013-12-18, by pherick.
Mirror Earth: The Search for Our Planet's Twin (Audiobook) By Michael D. Lemonick, read by Carol Schneider
Unabridged edition 2013 | 8 hours and 30 mins | ISBN: n/a | ASIN: B00BSEE4KE | MP3 96 kbps | 350 MB
In the mid-1990s, astronomers made history when they detected three planets orbiting stars in the Milky Way. The planets were nothing like Earth, however: They were giant gas balls like Jupiter or Saturn. More than 500 planets have been found since then, yet none of them could support life. Now, armed with more powerful technology, planet hunters are racing to find a true twin of Earth.
Science writer Michael Lemonick has unique access to these exoplaneteers, as they call themselves, and Mirror Earth unveils their passionate quest. Geoff Marcy, at the University of California, Berkeley, is the world's most successful planet hunter, having found two of the first three extra-solar planets. Bill Borucki, at the NASA Ames Research Center, struggled for more than a decade to launch the Kepler mission - the only planet finder, human or machine, to beat Marcy's record. David Charbonneau, at Harvard, realized that Earths would be much easier to find if he looked at tiny stars called M-dwarfs rather than stars like the Sun - and that he could use backyard telescopes to find them! Unlike those in other races, the competing scientists actually consult and cooperate with one another. But only one will be the first to find Earth's twin. Mirror Earth is poised narrate this historic event as the discovery is made.
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
(All below links are interchangable. No password)
- Ebooks list page : 24191
- 2013-12-28Mirror Earth: The Search for Our Planet's Twin (Audiobook)
- 2013-12-10Mirror Earth: The Search for Our Planet's Twin (Audiobook)
- 2019-01-25Mirror Earth The Search for Our Planet's Twin
- 2019-01-09Mirror Earth The Search for Our Planet's Twin
- 2013-04-01Mirror Earth: The Search for Our Planet's Twin
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Masters of the Planet: The Search for Our Human Origins (MacSci)
- 2019-03-24The Search for Our Cosmic Ancestry
- 2019-03-20The Search for Our Cosmic Ancestry
- 2019-03-06The Search for Our Cosmic Ancestry
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Life Beyond Earth: The Search for Habitable Worlds in the Universe
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Origins: The Search for Our Prehistoric Past
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Search for Our Cosmic Ancestry
- 2016-10-20Immortal Diamond The Search for Our True Self
- 2016-06-30Life Beyond Earth The Search for Habitable Worlds in the Universe
- 2013-12-30Life Beyond Earth: The Search for Habitable Worlds in the Universe
- 2013-01-07The Evolving Universe and the Origin of Life: The Search for Our Cosmic Roots (Repost)
- 2011-10-22The Evolving Universe and the Origin of Life: The Search for Our Cosmic Roots
- 2009-01-15The Evolving Universe and the Origin of Life: The Search for Our Cosmic Roots (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.