Posted on 2014-05-27. By anonymous.
English | 2014 | ISBN: 0762793740 | 336 pages | EPUB | 18,2 MB
Discover the diverse food and culinary traditions from the ten states that border Americaâ€™s most important river--and the heart of American cuisine--with 200 contemporary recipes for 30 meals and celebrations, and more than 150 stunning photographs.
Starting at the riverâ€™s source in Minnesota, renowned chef/restaurateur Regina Charboneau introduces readers to a Native American wild rice harvest dinner, a Scandinavian summerâ€™s end crayfish party, and a Hmong Southeast Asian New Yearâ€™s Eve buffet. Next the book moves to the riverâ€™s middle region, from Hannibal to New Madrid, featuring a dinner to honor the man most associated with the Mississippi--Mark Twain. Recipes are supplied for imaginative menus for such occasions as a St. Louis Italian spread featuring the cityâ€™s famous toasted ravioli, a farmerâ€™s market lunch, and an Arkansas farm supper influenced by the vast farmlands on both sides of the Mississippi. The lower region, from Beale Street to the Bayous of the Gulf of Mexico, gives an insight into the authorâ€™s river roots in Natchez. Included are biscuits, shrimp, smoked tomatoes over creamy grits, a New Orleans-style Reveillon dinner, and a blessing of the fleet dinner inspired by the Vietnamese fisherman who shrimp at the mouth of the river.
Scattered throughout are intriguing sidebars on such topics as how the paddlewheel steamboat came to ply the waters of the Mississippi, the traditional canoe method of harvesting Minnesota wild rice, and the 3,000 mile River Road lining the waterway. Throughout are stunning photographs of local scenery, dishes, and ingredients taken by renowned photographer Ben Fink on the magnificent American Queen riverboat and at farms, historic homes, and towns along the length of the river.
- Ebooks list page : 27163
- 2018-10-18Mississippi Current Cookbook A Culinary Journey Down America's Greatest River
- 2018-08-29Mississippi Current Cookbook A Culinary Journey Down America's Greatest River
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Beyond Curry Indian Cookbook: A Culinary Journey Through India
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Indian Food Cookbook:The Taste of Northern India: A Culinary Journey Through Recipes and Landscapes (culinary journey cookbooks Book 1)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Indian Food Cookbook:The Taste of Southern India: A culinary journey through recipes and landscapes (culinary journey cookbooks Book 2)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
- 2012-12-12High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America (repost)
- 2011-09-01High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
- 2011-04-06Jessica B. Harris - High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
- 2011-03-21High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
- 2019-07-31 !(Deluxe) - Why You Should Read Black Dragon River: A Journey Down the Amur River at the Borderlands of Empires by Dominic Ziegler Online or Download [^PDF ^MOBI ^EPUB]
- 2019-07-15#(Best) - Why You Should Read Northland: A 4,000-Mile Journey Along America's Forgotten Border by Porter Fox Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2019-02-28Promise Land My Journey through America's Self-Help Culture
- 2019-02-06The Art of Eating through the Zombie Apocalypse: A Cookbook and Culinary Survival Guide
- 2019-01-03Strays A Lost Cat, a Homeless Man, and Their Journey Across America
- 2019-01-03Through the Woods A Journey Through America's Forests
- 2018-12-05Grits A Cultural and Culinary Journey Through the South
- 2018-09-08Slow River A journey down the Murray
- 2018-08-17Northland A 4,000-Mile Journey Along America's Forgotten Border
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.