[share_ebook] Mixture Toxicity: Linking Approaches from Ecological and Human Toxicology (Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (Setac))
Author: Claus Svendsen, Cornelis A. M. van Gestel, Jan E. Kammenga, Martijs Jonker, Ryszard Laskowski
Publisher: CRC Press
Posted on 2011-09-03, by sharebookfree.
Mixture Toxicity: Linking Approaches from Ecological and Human Toxicology (Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (Setac))
Claus Svendsen, Cornelis A. M. van Gestel, Jan E. Kammenga, Martijs Jonker, Ryszard Laskowski | CRC Press | 2011-11-02 | 320 pages | English | PDF
In the last decade and a half, great progress has been made in the development of concepts and models for mixture toxicity, both in human and environmental toxicology. However, due to their different protection goals, developments have often progressed in parallel but with little integration. Arguably the first book to clearly link ecotoxicology and classic human toxicology, Mixture Toxicity: Linking Approaches from Ecological and Human Toxicology incorporates extensive reviews of exposure to toxicants, toxicokinetics and toxicodynamics, toxicity of mixtures, and risk assessment.
The book examines developments in both fields, compares and contrasts their current state of the art, and identifies where one field can learn from the other. Each chapter provides an essential overview of the state of the art in both human and ecotoxicological mixture risk assessment, focusing on the work published in the last fifteen years. The coverage progresses from exposure to risk assessment, at each step identifying the special complications typically raised by mixtures. Based on in-depth discussions among specialists representing different disciplines and approaches, the chapters each address:
- Exposure â€” how to quantify the amounts of chemicals that may enter the living organism
- Kinetics, dynamics, and metabolism â€” how the chemicals enter an organism, travel within the organism, how they are metabolized and reach the target site, and explain development of toxicity with time
- Toxicity â€” what are the chemicalsâ€™ detrimental effects on the organism
- Test design and complex mixture characterization â€” how chemicals interact, how to measure effects of mixtures, and how to identify responsible chemicals
- Risk assessment â€” how to assess for risks in humans and the environment
An unusual combination of different points of view on exposure to and risk assessment of chemical mixtures, this book summarizes current knowledge on combined effects of toxicant mixtures, information that is generally only available in a very fragmented form as individual journal papers. It identifies possible crosslinks and includes recommendations for mutual developments that can improve the state of knowledge on mixture toxicity and ultimately lead to better and more integrated risk assessment.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 13287
- 2011-03-05Mixture Toxicity: Linking Approaches from Ecological and Human Toxicology
- 2018-12-28Pictorial Cultures and Political Iconographies Approaches, Perspectives, Case Studies from Europe and America
- 2018-06-01Managing Flood Risk Innovative Approaches from Big Floodplain Rivers and Urban Streams
- 2018-05-10Naturalizing Logico-Mathematical Knowledge Approaches from Philosophy, Psychology and Cognitive Science
- 2018-04-19Managing Flood Risk Innovative Approaches from Big Floodplain Rivers and Urban Streams
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Margins of Writing, Origins of Cultures: New Approaches to Writing and Reading in the Ancient Near East. Papers from a Symposium held February 25-26, 2005 (Oriental Institute Seminars)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Remembering Reconsidered: Ecological and Traditional Approaches to the Study of Memory (Emory Symposia in Cognition)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Pictorial Cultures and Political Iconographies: Approaches, Perspectives, Case Studies from Europe and America
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Global Dynamics: Approaches from Complexity Science (Wiley Series in Computational and Quantitative Social Science)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Theoretical Discussions of Biography: Approaches from History, Microhistory, and Life Writing (Egodocuments and History)
- 2017-10-31Multifunctional Wetlands: Pollution Abatement and Other Ecological Services from Natural and Constructed Wetlands
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Communication in Investigative and Legal Contexts: Integrated Approaches from Forensic Psychology, Linguistics and Law Enforcement
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Agile Career Development: Lessons and Approaches from IBM
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Agile Career Development: Lessons and Approaches from IBM
- 2013-11-10Preference Change: Approaches from philosophy, economics and psychology
- 2013-09-05Mary Ann Bopp, Diana A. Bing, Sheila Forte-Trammell - Agile Career Development: Lessons and Approaches from IBM
- 2013-09-03Agile Career Development: Lessons and Approaches from IBM (Repost)
- 2013-04-26Remembering Reconsidered: Ecological and Traditional Approaches to the Study of Memory [Repost]
- 2012-12-30Agile Career Development - Lessons and Approaches from IBM
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.