Posted on 2009-03-26. By anonymous.
BirkhÃ¤user Boston | 2007-11-14 | ISBN: 0817645101 | 220 pages | PDF | 2.41 MB
Using tools from mathematical kinetic theory and stochastic game theory, this work deals with the modeling of large complex systems in the applied sciences, particularly those comprised of several interacting individuals whose dynamics follow rules determined by some organized, or even "intelligent" ability. Traditionally, methods of mathematical kinetic theory have been applied to model the evolution of large systems of interacting classical or quantum particles. This book, on the other hand, examines the modeling of living systems as opposed to inert systems.
The author develops new mathematical methods and toolshopefully a "new" mathematicstoward the modeling of living systems. Such tools need to be far more complex than those dealing with systems of inert matter. The first part of the book deals with deriving general evolution equations that can be customized to particular systems of interest in the applied sciences. The second part of the book deals with various models and applications.
The presentation unfolds using the following common approach in each chapter:
* Phenomenological interpretation of the physical system in the context of mathematical modeling
* Derivation of the mathematical model using methods from mathematical kinetic theory for active particles
* Simulations, parameter sensitivity analysis, and critical inspection of the derived model towards validation
* Overview of presented ideas to improve existing models, with special emphasis on applications
Specific topics covered include:
* Modeling of the competition between cells of an aggressive invasive agent and cells of the immune system
* Modeling of vehicular traffic flow
* Modeling of swarms and crowd dynamics in complex geometric environments
* Methodological aspects related to multiscale modeling of large systems viewed as interconnected subsystems
Modeling Complex Living Systems is a valuable resource for applied mathematicians, engineers, physicists, biologists, economists, and graduate students involved in modeling complex social systems and living matter in general.
Mirror -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQNO7MTN
- Ebooks list page : 2562
- 2011-11-17Modeling Complex Living Systems: A Kinetic Theory and Stochastic Game Approach (Modeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology) free ebook download
- 2010-10-20Mathematical Modeling of Complex Biological Systems: A Kinetic Theory Approach
- 2010-08-13Mathematical Modeling of Complex Biological Systems: A Kinetic Theory Approach (Repost)
- 2009-04-03Mathematical Modeling of Complex Biological Systems: A Kinetic Theory Approach
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Statistical Mechanics, Kinetic Theory and Stochastic Process
- 2012-03-10Statistical Mechanics, Kinetic Theory and Stochastic Process [Repost]
- 2009-01-23Statistical Mechanics, Kinetic Theory and Stochastic Process
- 2011-08-09Functional integration theory and applications
- 2019-03-25Information Systems Research Relevant Theory and Informed Practice
- 2019-03-21Information Systems Research Relevant Theory and Informed Practice
- 2019-03-18Information Systems Research Relevant Theory and Informed Practice
- 2019-02-22Kinetic Theory and Fluid Dynamics
- 2019-01-30Kinetic Theory and Fluid Dynamics
- 2019-01-24Nonautonomous Linear Hamiltonian Systems Oscillation, Spectral Theory and Control
- 2019-01-10Nonautonomous Linear Hamiltonian Systems Oscillation, Spectral Theory and Control
- 2018-12-27Nonautonomous Linear Hamiltonian Systems Oscillation, Spectral Theory and Control
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Handbook of Reflector Antennas and Feed Systems: Volume 1 - Theory and Design of Reflectors (Artech House Antennas and Propagation Library)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Kinetic Theory and Transport Phenomena (Oxford Master Series in Physics)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Random Walks in the Quarter Plane: Algebraic Methods, Boundary Value Problems, Applications to Queueing Systems and Analytic Combinatorics (Probability Theory and Stochastic Modelling)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.