Posted on 2018-06-19, by nokia241186.
Mothers and Children: Jewish Family Life in Medieval Europe (Jews, Christians, and Muslims from the Ancient to the Modern World) by Elisheva Baumgarten
English | July 26, 2004 | ISBN: 0691091668, 0691130299 | PDF | 320 pages | 3.7 MB
This book presents a synthetic history of the family-the most basic building block of medieval Jewish communities-in Germany and northern France during the High Middle Ages. Concentrating on the special roles of mothers and children, it also advances recent efforts to write a comparative Jewish-Christian social history.
Elisheva Baumgarten draws on a rich trove of primary sources to give a full portrait of medieval Jewish family life during the period of childhood from birth to the beginning of formal education at age seven. Illustrating the importance of understanding Jewish practice in the context of Christian society and recognizing the shared foundations in both societies, Baumgarten's examination of Jewish and Christian practices and attitudes is explicitly comparative. Her analysis is also wideranging, covering nearly every aspect of home life and childrearing, including pregnancy, midwifery, birth and initiation rituals, nursing, sterility, infanticide, remarriage, attitudes toward mothers and fathers, gender hierarchies, divorce, widowhood, early education, and the place of children in the home, synagogue, and community.
A richly detailed and deeply researched contribution to our understanding of the relationship between Jews and their non-Jewish neighbors, Mothers and Children provides a key analysis of the history of Jewish families in medieval Ashkenaz.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36475
- 2018-07-14Mothers And Children Jewish Family Life In Medieval Europe
- 2018-04-13Mothers and Children Jewish Family Life in Medieval Europe
- 2018-10-18Talking to My Mum A Picture Workbook for Workers, Mothers and Children Affected by Domestic Abuse
- 2018-08-25Talking to My Mum A Picture Workbook for Workers, Mothers and Children Affected by Domestic Abuse
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Stone and Dung, Oil and Spit: Jewish Daily Life in the Time of Jesus
- 2017-11-13[PDF] 'Extra-Ordinary' Ergonomics: How to Accommodate Small and Big Persons, The Disabled and Elderly, Expectant Mothers, and Children
- 2013-06-10Reassessing Jewish Life in Medieval Europe
- 2013-04-16Stone and Dung, Oil and Spit: Jewish Daily Life in the Time of Jesus [Repost]
- 2011-06-19Stone and Dung, Oil and Spit: Jewish Daily Life in the Time of Jesus
- 2011-05-19Stone and Dung, Oil and Spit: Jewish Daily Life in the Time of Jesus
- 2009-06-17Midlife And Older Women: Family Life, Work And Health in Jamaica
- 2009-01-21Talking to My Mum: A Picture Workbook for Workers, Mothers And Children Affected by Domestic Abuse
- 2018-11-23Pagan and Christian Religious Change in Early Medieval Europe
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Pagan and Christian: Religious Change in Early Medieval Europe (Duckworth Debates in Archaeology)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Daily Life in Medieval Europe
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Middle Ages: Everyday Life in Medieval Europe
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Daily Life in Medieval Europe
- 2019-09-04Anastasia Kutchina Family and Children's Photography
- 2019-08-04Anastasia Kutchina - Family and Children's Photography
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.