Posted on 2013-04-26, by honhungoc.
Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time
24xDVDRip | M4V / AVC, ~1500 kb/s | 640x480 | Duration: 12:18:06 | English: AAC, 128 kb/s (2 ch) | + PDF Guides | 7.6 GB
Time rules our lives. From the rising and setting of the sun to the cycles of nature, the thought processes in our brains, and the biorhythms in our day, nothing so pervades our existence and yet is so difficult to explain. Time seems to be woven into the very fabric of the universe. But why?
Consider these contrasting views of time:
A movie of a person diving into a pool has an obvious arrow of time. When the movie is played backward, everyone recognizes that it shows an event that would never occur in the real world.
But zoom in on any part of this scene at the atomic scale and the movie can be run backward or forward and be indistinguishable. Either way, the particle interactions are consistent with the laws of physics.
Why does one movie have an arrow of time moving in only one direction and the other does not? Surprisingly, the search for an answer leads through some of the most pioneering fields of physics, including thermodynamics, relativity, quantum theory, and cosmology.
The key concept is called â€œentropy,â€ which is related to the second law of thermodynamics, considered by many scientists to be the most secure law in all of physics. The second law has even been compared to Shakespeareâ€™s plays in its importance to the education of a culturally informed person.
But thatâ€™s only the beginning, since the quest for the ultimate theory of time draws on such exciting ideas as black holes, cosmic inflation, and dark energy, before closing in on a momentous question that until recently was considered unanswerable: What happened before the big bang?
In 24 riveting half-hour lectures, Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time takes you on a mind-expanding journey through the past, present, and future, guided by Professor Sean Carroll, noted author and Senior Research Associate in Physics at the California Institute of Technology.
Designed for nonscientists as well as those with a background in physics, Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time shows how a feature of the world that we all experience connects us to the instant of the formation of the universeâ€”and possibly to a multiverse that is unimaginably larger and more varied than the known cosmos.
While focusing on physics, Professor Carroll also examines philosophical views on time, how we perceive and misperceive time, the workings of memory, and serious proposals for time travel, as well as imaginative ways that time has been disrupted in fiction.
- Ebooks list page : 22002
- 2018-12-17Mysteries of Modern Physics Time
- 2017-11-05[PDF] TTC - Mysteries of Modern Physics - Time (Compressed)
- 2016-05-02Ttc Mysteries Of Modern Physics Time
- 2013-03-06Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time
- 2013-02-11Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time
- 2012-10-19â€‹TTC Video -Sean Carroll â€“ Mysteries of Modern Physics â€“ Time
- 2012-10-03Download Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time - Removed
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Femtosecond Real-Time Spectroscopy of Small Molecules and Clusters (Springer Tracts in Modern Physics) - Removed
- 2019-07-19Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics Pearson New International Edition
- 2019-07-11The Quantum Mechanics Solver How to Apply Quantum Theory to Modern Physics, 3rd Edition
- 2019-04-09Sears and Zemansky's University Physics with Modern Physics, 13th Edition
- 2019-03-18Quantum Trading Using Principles of Modern Physics to Forecast the Financial Markets
- 2019-03-12Quantum Trading Using Principles of Modern Physics to Forecast the Financial Markets
- 2019-03-05Quantum Trading Using Principles of Modern Physics to Forecast the Financial Markets
- 2019-03-02Topics in Modern Physics Solutions to Problems
- 2019-02-08Relativity in Modern Physics (Oxford Graduate Texts)
- 2019-01-31The Harmonic Oscillator in Modern Physics
- 2019-01-31University Physics with Modern Physics, 14 Edition
- 2019-01-24University Physics with Modern Physics, 14 Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.