Never out of Season: How Having the Food We Want When We Want It Threatens Our Food Supply and Our Future [Audiobook]
Posted on 2017-10-25, by manhneovn.
Rob Dunn, Dan Woren (Narrator), "Never out of Season: How Having the Food We Want When We Want It Threatens Our Food Supply and Our Future"
ISBN: n/a, ASIN: B06W5QMXR7 | 2017 | MP3@64 kbps | ~11:28:00 | 273 MB
A Fast Food Nation for the foods we grow and depend on.
The bananas we eat today aren't your parents' bananas. We eat a recognizable, consistent breakfast fruit that was standardized in the 1960s from dozens into one basic banana. But because of that, the banana we love is dangerously susceptible to a pathogen that might wipe them out.
That's the story of our food today. Modern science has brought us produce in perpetual abundance - once-rare fruits are seemingly never out of season, and we breed and clone the hardiest, best-tasting varieties of the crops we rely on most. As a result, a smaller proportion of people on earth go hungry today than at any other moment in the last thousand years, and the streamlining of our food supply guarantees that the food we buy, from bananas to coffee to wheat, tastes the same every single time.
Our corporate food system has nearly perfected the process of turning sunlight, water, and nutrients into food. But our crops themselves remain susceptible to nature's fury. And nature always wins.
Authoritative, urgent, and filled with fascinating heroes and villains from around the world, Never out of Season is the story of the crops we depend on most and the scientists racing to preserve the diversity of life in order to save our food supply - and us.
- Ebooks list page : 32757
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Never out of Season: How Having the Food We Want When We Want It Threatens Our Food Supply and Our Future [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Never Out of Season: How Having the Food We Want When We Want It Threatens Our Food Supply and Our Future
- 2017-03-25Never Out of Season How Having the Food We Want When We Want It Threatens Our Food Supply and Ou...
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2018-10-30Breaking the Stronghold of Food How We Conquered Food Addictions and Discovered a New Way of Living ...
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Our Daily Poison: From Pesticides to Packaging, How Chemicals Have Contaminated the Food Chain and Are Making Us Sick
- 2019-02-27What You Practice Is What You Have A Guide to Having the Life You Want
- 2018-08-09Hot Sun, Cool Shadow Savouring the Food, History and Mystery of the Languedoc
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Modified: GMOs and the Threat to Our Food, Our Land, Our Future [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The GMO Deception: What You Need to Know about the Food, Corporations, and Government Agencies Putting Our Families and Our Environment at Risk
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Food, Folklore, and Art of Lowcountry Cooking: A Celebration of the Foods, History, and Romance Handed Down from England, Africa, the Caribbean, France, Germany, and Scotland
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Container Gardening: How To Grow Food, Flowers and Fun At Home (Gardening Guidebooks)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Nanotechnology in the Food, Beverage and Nutraceutical Industries
- 2017-11-03[PDF] What You Practice Is What You Have: A Guide to Having the Life You Want
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Dioxins and Dioxin-like Compounds in the Food Supply: Strategies to Decrease Exposure
- 2017-09-18Safety Protocols in the Food Industry and Emerging Concerns - Removed
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Dioxins and Dioxin-like Compounds in the Food Supply: Strategies to Decrease Exposure
- 2014-03-19Toxic Legacy: Synthetic Toxins in the Food, Water and Air of American Cities [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.