Posted on 2014-06-05. By anonymous.
English | 2012 | ISBN: 0801478022, 0801451337 | 456 pages | PDF | 13 MB
Hunger is a daily reality for a billion people. More than six decades after the technological discoveries that led to the Green Revolution aimed at ending world hunger, regular food shortages, malnutrition, and poverty still plague vast swaths of the world. And with increasing food prices, climate change, resource inequality, and an ever-increasing global population, the future holds further challenges.
In One Billion Hungry, Sir Gordon Conway, one of the world's foremost experts on global food needs, explains the many interrelated issues critical to our global food supply from the science of agricultural advances to the politics of food security. He expands the discussion begun in his influential The Doubly Green Revolution: Food for All in the Twenty-First Century, emphasizing the essential combination of increased food production, environmental stability, and poverty reduction necessary to end endemic hunger on our planet.
Conway addresses a series of urgent questions about global hunger:
â€¢ How we will feed a growing global population in the face of a wide range of adverse factors, including climate change?
â€¢ What contributions can the social and natural sciences make in finding solutions?
â€¢ And how can we engage both government and the private sector to apply these solutions and achieve significant impact in the lives of the poor?
Conway succeeds in sharing his informed optimism about our collective ability to address these fundamental challenges if we use technology paired with sustainable practices and strategic planning.
Beginning with a definition of hunger and how it is calculated, and moving through issues topically both detailed and comprehensive, each chapter focuses on specific challenges and solutions, ranging in scope from the farmer's daily life to the global movement of food, money, and ideas. Drawing on the latest scientific research and the results of projects around the world, Conway addresses the concepts and realities of our global food needs: the legacy of the Green Revolution; the impact of market forces on food availability; the promise and perils of genetically modified foods; agricultural innovation in regard to crops, livestock, pest control, soil, and water; and the need to both adapt to and slow the rate of climate change. One Billion Hungry will be welcomed by all readers seeking a multifaceted understanding of our global food supply, food security, international agricultural development, and sustainability.
- Ebooks list page : 27421
- 2017-12-28[PDF] One Billion Hungry: Can We Feed the World?
- 2014-06-12One Billion Hungry: Can We Feed the World?
- 2019-03-14Can We Feed the World Without Destroying It? (Global Futures)
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2009-12-21101 Ways Youth Can Change the World
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Miraculous Abundance: One Quarter Acre, Two French Farmers, and Enough Food to Feed the World
- 2012-03-25The World's Warships 1941
- 2012-03-20Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist By Charles Rosen
- 2012-03-14The World of Pompeii (Routledge Worlds)
- 2012-01-12Beyond Twilight: Explore The World Of Vampires
- 2011-11-08The World's Best Piano Arrangements
- 2019-01-31Behind the Dolphin smile One Man's Campaign to Protect the World's Dolphins
- 2019-01-31Vaccinated One Man's Quest to Defeat the World's Deadliest Diseases
- 2019-01-25Timefulness How Thinking Like a Geologist Can Help Save the World
- 2019-01-15Vaccinated One Man's Quest to Defeat the World's Deadliest Diseases
- 2019-01-11Timefulness How Thinking Like a Geologist Can Help Save the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.