Posted on 2014-01-06. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0262016028 | 2011 | 272 pages | PDF | 0,8 MB
Openness is not a given on the Internet. Technical standards--the underlying architecture that enables interoperability among hardware and software from different manufacturers--increasingly control individual freedom and the pace of innovation in technology markets. Heated battles rage over the very definition of "openness" and what constitutes an open standard in information and communication technologies. In Opening Standards, experts from industry, academia, and public policy explore just what is at stake in these controversies, considering both economic and political implications of open standards. The book examines the effect of open standards on innovation, on the relationship between interoperability and public policy (and if government has a responsibility to promote open standards), and on intellectual property rights in standardization--an issue at the heart of current global controversies. Finally, Opening Standards recommends a framework for defining openness in twenty-first-century information infrastructures. Contributors discuss such topics as how to reflect the public interest in the private standards-setting process; why open standards have a beneficial effect on competition and Internet freedom; the effects of intellectual property rights on standards openness; and how to define standard, open standard, and software interoperability.
upload, share and manage your files for free.
- Ebooks list page : 24546
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Opening Standards: The Global Politics of Interoperability (The Information Society Series)
- 2013-07-14Opening standards: the global politics of interoperability
- 2012-04-20Opening Standards: The Global Politics of Interoperability
- 2014-01-29The Challenge of Democracy: American Government in Global Politics, 11 edition - eazydoc.com
- 2018-11-21China and the Global Politics of Regionalization (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- 2018-11-05Liberated Threads Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- 2018-10-07Liberated Threads Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Biometric State: The Global Politics of Identification and Surveillance in South Africa, 1850 to the Present
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Religion and the Global Politics of Human Rights
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Global Politics of Science and Technology - Vol. 1: Concepts from International Relations and Other Disciplines (Global Power Shift) - Removed
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Global Politics of Sport: The Role of Global Institutions in Sport (Sport in the Global Society)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Copyfight: The Global Politics of Digital Copyright Reform (Studies in Comparative Political Economy and Public Policy)
- 2017-10-25Imperial History and the Global Politics of Exclusion: Britain, 1880-1940
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Global Politics of Sport: The Role of Global Institutions in Sport (Sport in the Global Society)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Religion and the Global Politics of Human Rights
- 2014-01-23The Economist (Intelligence Unit) - Global Microscope on the Microfinance Business Environment (2013) - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-07The New British Politics, 4th Edition - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-06The Secular Contract: The Politics of Enlightenment - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-06Talibanistan: Negotiating the Borders Between Terror, Politics, and Religion - eazydoc.com
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.