Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-11-10. By anonymous.
Publisher: Longman | 2002 | ISBN 0582423864 | PDF | 253 pages | 1.2 MB
* A massively topical reprise of the critical debate about western images and stereotypes of the Arab world and Islam.
* Provides essential background to understanding this part of the world.
* Offers a brief history of the debate regarding orientalism, as defined by Said and others.
* Summarises and comments on a number of significant texts.
* Details a number of case studies which have been inspired by the debate.
* Provides a useful chronology.
* Will be important briefing document for anyone commentating on or communicating with the East - journalists, Foreign Office officials, diplomats etc.
In the 1960s and 1970s a powerful assault was launched on orientalism - the study of the Orient. At the center of this attack was Edward Said, whose devastating critique accused Western orientalists of creating stereotypical images of the East, thereby facilitating imperialism and colonialism and inciting chauvinism and racism. The debate ranged far beyond the traditional limits of 'dry-as-dust' orientalism, involving questions concerning the nature of identity, the nature of imperialism, Islamophobia, myth, Arabism, racialism, intercultural relations and feminism. Charting the history of the vigorous debate about the nature of orientalism, this timely account revisits the arguments and surveys the case studies inspired by that debate. It summarizes and comments on a number of significant texts, details a number of case studies which have been inspired by the debate, and provides a useful chronology.
NO Mirrors !!!
- Ebooks list page : 3674
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Early Orientalism: Imagined Islam and the Notion of Sublime Power (Islamic Studies Series)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Empire Building: Orientalism and Victorian Architecture
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Refashioning Iran: Orientalism, Occidentalism and Historiography (St Antony's)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Russian Orientalism: Asia in the Russian Mind from Peter the Great to the Emigration
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Metahistory of the Clash of Civilisation: Us and Them Beyond Orientalism
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Orientalism - Western Concepts of the Orient
- 2014-04-24Edward W. Said - Orientalism
- 2014-04-16Cold War Orientalism: Asia in the Middlebrow Imagination, 1945-1961
- 2014-04-14Cold War Orientalism: Asia in the Middlebrow Imagination, 1945-1961
- 2014-03-06The Homoerotics of Orientalism
- 2014-01-20China and Orientalism: Western Knowledge Production and the PRC - eazydoc.com - Removed
- 2013-08-26Defending the West: A Critique of Edward Said's Orientalism
- 2013-04-22Rethinking Orientalism: Women, Travel, and the Ottoman Harem
- 2013-04-20Rethinking Orientalism: Women, Travel, and the Ottoman Harem (repost)
- 2013-03-20German Orientalism in the Age of Empire: Religion, Race, and Scholarship (repost)
- 2013-01-06Orientalism: Visions of the East in Western Dress
- 2012-03-16Contending Visions of the Middle East: The History and Politics of Orientalism
- 2012-02-18"Defending the West: A Critique of Edward Said's Orientalism" by Ibn Warraq
- 2012-01-21A Metahistory of the Clash of Civilisations: Us and Them Beyond Orientalism (repost)
- 2012-01-21A Metahistory of the Clash of Civilisations: Us and Them Beyond Orientalism
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.