Posted on 2018-05-17, by perica123.
Our Search for Belonging: How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart [Audiobook] by Howard J. Ross, JonRobert Tartaglione
English | May 8th, 2018 | ASIN: B07CB4YKM7, ISBN: 1520099339 | MP3@64 kbps | 8 hrs 47 mins | 241.80 MB
Narrator: Wes Bleed
We are living in a time of mounting political segregation that threatens to tear us apart as a unified society. The result is that we are becoming increasingly tribal, and the narratives of life that we get exposed to on a daily basis have become echo chambers in which we hear our beliefs reinforced and others' beliefs demonized. Global diversity and inclusion expert Howard J. Ross, with coauthor JonRobert Tartaglione, explores how our human need to belong is the driving force for why we are living in a world so extremely divided.
At the core of tribalism exists a paradox: as humans, we are hardwired with the need to belong, which ends up making us deeply connected with some yet deeply divided from others. When these tribes are formed out of fear of the "other", on topics such as race, immigration status, religion, or partisan politics, we resort to an "us versus them" attitude. Especially in the digital age, when we are all interconnected in one way or another, these tensions seep into our daily lives and we become secluded with our self-identified tribes. This has consequences even in our most personal relationships in our families and communities - just think about Thanksgiving dinner conversations across the United States after the 2016 election.
Drawing on his decades of leadership experience, Ross probes the depth of tribalism, the role of social media in exacerbating it, and how to combat it. Ross and Tartaglione highlight how to maximize our impact in the workplace, noting that it is one of the few places where we are forced to work with people different from ourselves. The goal of the book is to help people understand these dynamics and to develop ways to bridge the divide so that we can move toward an ever more harmonious future.
- Ebooks list page : 36188
- 2018-07-15Our Search for Belonging How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart
- 2018-06-04Our Search for Belonging How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart
- 2018-05-16Our Search for Belonging: How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart
- 2018-11-15A Search for Belonging The Mexican Cinema of Luis Bunuel
- 2018-06-05A Search for Belonging The Mexican Cinema of Luis Bunuel
- 2017-04-10[PDF] My Search for Ramanujan: How I Learned to Count
- 2018-11-15A Genius for Deception How Cunning Helped the British Win Two World Wars [Audiobook]
- 2018-09-28The 30-Minute Money Plan for Moms How to Maximize Your Family Budget in Minimal Time [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-22The 30-Minute Money Plan for Moms How to Maximize Your Family Budget in Minimal Time [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-25A Genius for Deception How Cunning Helped the British Win Two World Wars [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-03[PDF] What are You Waiting For? Learn How to Rise to the Occasion of Your Life [Audiobook]
- 2014-02-28What are You Waiting For? Learn How to Rise to the Occasion of Your Life (Audiobook)
- 2014-02-24What are You Waiting For? Learn How to Rise to the Occasion of Your Life (Audiobook)
- 2014-01-18In Search of Cleo: How I Found My Pussy and Lost My Mind (Audiobook)
- 2017-05-04Patrick J Buchanan - Day of Reckoning- How Hubris, Ideology, and Greed Are Tearing America Apart (epub mobi)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Ravenous Brain: How the New Science of Consciousness Explains Our Insatiable Search for Meaning
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Rights of the People: How Our Search for Safety Invades Our Liberties
- 2014-02-21The Rights of the People: How Our Search for Safety Invades Our Liberties (Audiobook)
- 2014-02-19The Rights of the People: How Our Search for Safety Invades Our Liberties (Audiobook)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.