Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Brian M. Fagan, Nadia Durrani | Category: Archaeology | Language: English | Page: 302 | ISBN: 1138657077 |
Description: This short account of the discipline of archaeology tells of spectacular discoveries and the colorful lives of the archaeologists who made them, as well as of changing theories and current debates in the field. Spanning over two thousand years of history, the book details early digs as well as covering the development of archaeology as a multidisciplinary science, the modernization of meticulous excavation methods during the twentieth century, and the important discoveries that led to new ideas about the evolution of human societies. A Brief History of Archaeology is a vivid narrative that will engage readers who are new to the discipline, drawing on the authorsâ€™ extensive experience in the field and classroom. Early research at Stonehenge in Britain, burial mound excavations, and the exploration of Herculaneum and Pompeii culminate in the nineteenth century debates over human antiquity and the theory of evolution. The book then moves on to the discovery of the worldâ€™s pre-industrial civilizations in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Central America, the excavations at Troy and Mycenae, the Royal Burials at Ur, Iraq, and the dramatic finding of the pharaoh Tutankhamun in 1922. The book concludes by considering recent sensational discoveries, such as the Lords of Sipan in Peru, and exploring the debates over processual and postprocessual theory which have intrigued archaeologists in the early 21st century. The second edition updates this respected introduction to one of the sciencesâ€™ most fascinating disciplines.
A Brief History of Archaeology: Classical Times to the Twenty-First Century 2nd Edition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35608
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Global History of War: From Assyria to the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-11-21[PDF] An Introduction to Plant Structure and Development: Plant Anatomy for the Twenty-First Century (2nd edition)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Introduction to Sociological Theory: Theorists, Concepts, and Their Applicability to the Twenty-first Century (2nd edition)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] A Short History of the U.S. Working Class: From Colonial Times to the Twenty-First Century (Revolutionary Studies)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-11-11[PDF] A History of Modern Russia: From Tsarism to the Twenty-First Century, Third Edition
- 2013-08-22The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
- 2011-08-13The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2011-07-20The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2010-11-02The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Fields of Faith: Theology and Religious Studies for the Twenty-first Century
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Suspicions of Markets: Critical Attacks from Aristotle to the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] One Out of Three: Immigrant New York in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Carbon Nanotubes and Related Structures: New Materials for the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Psychoanalysis and Philosophy of Mind: Unconscious Mentality in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Deterrence: Rising Powers, Rogue Regimes, and Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Popular Culture, Geopolitics, and Identity (Human Geography in the Twenty-First Century: Issues and Applications)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] One Out of Three: Immigrant New York in the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.