Posted on 2018-01-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nicholas Vincent, Roger Davis (Narrator) | Category: Audio Books | Language: English | Page: 0 | ISBN: 283c2b5af2244c69be64b1d7d96dbbaa |
Description: From the Norman Conquest to the Battle of Bosworth Field - how Britain was invaded and became a nation. The first volume in the stunning four-volume Brief History of Britain series. From the Battle of Hastings to the Battle of Bosworth Field, Nicholas Vincent tells the story of how Britain was born. When William, Duke of Normandy, killed King Harold and seized the throne of England, England's language, culture, politics, and law were transformed. Over the next 400 years, under royal dynasties that looked principally to France for inspiration and ideas, an English identity was born, based in part upon struggle for control over the other parts of the British Isles (Scotland, Wales, and Ireland), in part upon rivalry with the kings of France. From these struggles emerged English law and an English Parliament, the English language, English humour, and England's first overseas empires. In this thrilling and accessible account, Nicholas Vincent not only tells the story of the rise and fall of dynasties, but investigates the lives and obsessions of a host of lesser men and women, from archbishops to peasants, and from soldiers to scholars, upon whose enterprise the social and intellectual foundations of Englishness now rest. This the first book in the four-volume Brief History of Britain which brings together some of the leading historians to tell our nation's story from the Norman Conquest of 1066 to the present day. Combining the latest research with accessible and entertaining storytelling, it is the ideal introduction for students and general readers. Nicholas Vincent has published half a dozen books and some fifty academic articles on various aspects of English and European history in the 12th and 13th centuries. He has studied at Oxford, Cambridge, Paris, and Canterbury and now is professor at the University of East Anglia.
A Brief History of Britain 1066-1485: The Birth of a Nation [Audiobooks].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35543
- 2018-01-04[PDF] A Brief History of Britain 1066-1485: The Birth of a Nation [Audiobooks]
- 2014-02-02A Brief History of Britain 1066-1485: The Birth of a Nation [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-08[PDF] A Brief History of Britain 1066 - 1485: Birth of the Nation: 1066-1485 v. 1: The Birth of the Nation (Brief Histories)
- 2018-07-31A Brief History of Britain 1066 - 1485 (Brief Histories)
- 2013-01-18A Brief History of Britain: 1066-1485 (repost)
- 2012-06-02A Brief History of Britain: 1066-1485
- 2017-11-12[PDF] A Brief History of Britain: Making of the Nation: 1660-1851 v. 3 (Brief Histories)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] A Brief History of Britain 1660-1851 (Brief History of Britain 3)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] A Brief History of Creation: Science and the Search for the Origin of Life [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-19[PDF] A Brief History of India: Translated from the French
- 2017-10-29[PDF] A Brief History of Creation: Science and the Search for the Origin of Life .
- 2017-10-29[PDF] A Brief History of Creation: Science and the Search for the Origin of Life [Audiobook]
- 2017-02-09[PDF] A Brief History of Creation: Science and the Search for the Origin of Life .
- 2018-07-31A Brief History of Britain 1485-1660: The Tudor and Stuart Dynasties (Brief Histories)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] A Brief History of Life in Victorian Britain: A Social History of Queen Victoria
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Brief History of Britain
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Conflict, People & Power: Medieval Britain 1066-1500: Mainstream Edition (Hodder History)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Struggle for Mastery: The Penguin History of Britain, 1066-1284
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Conflict, People & Power: Medieval Britain 1066-1500: Mainstream Edition (Hodder History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.