Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Saul Stahl | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 0821813390 | ISBN13: 9780821813393 |
Description: The mathematical theory of games was first developed as a model for situations of conflict, whether actual or recreational. It gained widespread recognition when it was applied to the theoretical study of economics by von Neumann and Morgenstern in Theory of Games and Economic Behavior in the 1940s. The later bestowal in 1994 of the Nobel Prize in economics on Nash underscores the important role this theory has played in the intellectual life of the twentieth century.This volume is based on courses given by the author at the University of Kansas. The exposition is 'gentle' because it requires only some knowledge of coordinate geometry linear programming is not used. It is 'mathematical' because it is more concerned with the mathematical solution of games than with their applications. Existing textbooks on the topic tend to focus either on the applications or on the mathematics at a level that makes the works inaccessible to most non-mathematicians. This book nicely fits in between these two alternatives. It discusses examples and completely solves them with tools that require no more than high school algebra. In this text, proofs are provided for both von Neumann's Minimax Theorem and the existence of the Nash Equilibrium in the $2 \times 2$ case. Readers will gain both a sense of the range of applications and a better understanding of the theoretical framework of these two deep mathematical concepts.
A Gentle Introduction to Game Theory.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35855
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Strategy and Politics: An Introduction to Game Theory
- 2018-01-11[PDF] An Introduction to Game Theory
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Games and Information: An Introduction to Game Theory
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Introduction to Game Theory
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Introduction to Game Theory
- 2017-01-10[PDF] An Introduction to Game Theory
- 2019-05-11[Webster, Thomas J] Introduction To Game Theory In
- 2018-10-16Games and Information An Introduction to Game Theory
- 2018-08-26Games and Information An Introduction to Game Theory
- 2018-01-29[PDF] A Recursive Introduction to the Theory of Computation (Texts in Computer Science)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] An Interactive Introduction to Knot Theory (Aurora: Dover Modern Math Originals)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Computational Chemistry: Introduction to the Theory and Applications of Molecular and Quantum Mechanics, 3rd ed - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] A Mathematical Introduction to String Theory: Variational Problems, Geometric and Probabilistic Methods
- 2017-12-30[PDF] A Natural Introduction to Probability Theory
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Mathematical Intuitionism: Introduction to Proof Theory (Translations of Mathematical Monographs)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Bounds of Reason: Game Theory and the Unification of the Behavioral Sciences
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Non-cooperative Stochastic Differential Game Theory of Generalized Markov Jump Linear Systems (Studies in Systems, Decision and Control)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Twenty Lectures on Algorithmic Game Theory
- 2017-12-07[PDF] A Computational Introduction to Number Theory and Algebra
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.