Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Frank J. Vandall | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 262 | ISBN: 0195391918 | ISBN13: 9780195391916 |
Description: A History of Civil Litigation: Political and Economic Perspectives, by Frank J. Vandall, studies the expansion of civil liability from 1466 to 1980, and the cessation of that growth in 1980. It evaluates the creation of tort causes of action during the period of 1400-1980. Re-evaluation and limitation of those developments from 1980, to the present, are specifically considered. The unique focus of the book is first, to argue that civil justice no longer rests on historic foundations, such as, precedent, fairness and impartiality, but has shifted to power and influence. Reform in the law (legislative, judicial, and regulatory) is today driven by financial interests, not precedent, not a neutral desire for fairness, and not to "make it better." It uses products, cases and policies for much of its argument. These policies can be summarized as a shift from a balanced playing field, negligence, to one that favors injured consumers. The strict liability foreshadowed by Judge Traynor, in Escola v. Coca Cola (1944), was not adopted until 1962, when Traynor wrote the majority opinion in Greenman v. Yuba Power Products for the California Supreme Court. Second, the book examines the role of persuasive non-governmental agencies, such as the American Law Institute, in reforming and shaping civil justice. Never has it been less true that we live under the rule of law. Congress, agencies and the courts make the law, but they are driven by those who have a large financial stake in the outcome. Today, those with power shape the character of products liability law, at every turn.
A History of Civil Litigation: Political and Economic Perspectives.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35629
- 2019-06-25Sport and Public Policy Social, Political, and Economic Perspectives
- 2013-11-07Ethical Models and Applications of Globalization: Cultural, Socio-Political and Economic Perspectives
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Portuguese Empire in Asia, 1500-1700: A Political and Economic History
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Sultana: Surviving the Civil War, Prison, and the Worst Maritime Disaster in American History
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Sultana: Surviving the Civil War, Prison, and the Worst Maritime Disaster in American History
- 2018-08-12The Reinvention of Britain 1960-2016 A Political and Economic History
- 2018-02-02[PDF] A Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy and the Non-Profit Sector
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Motion History Images for Action Recognition and Understanding
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Misrecognition (Rethinking Political and International Theory)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Theory and History: An Interpretation of Social and Economic Evolution
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Freedom Journey: Black Civil War Soldiers and The Hills Community, Westchester County, New York (Excelsior Editions)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Guarding the Guardians: Civil-Military Relations and Democratic Governance in Africa
- 2018-01-08[PDF] A History of Modern Yoga: Patanjali and Western Esotericism
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Rethinking History, Reframing Identity: Memory, Generations, and the Dynamics of National Identity in Poland - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Globalized Supply Chains and U.S. Policy (America in the 21st Century: Political and Economic Issues)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Giorgio Agamben: Legal, Political and Philosophical Perspectives
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Deep History: The Architecture of Past and Present
- 2017-12-29[PDF] International History of the Twentieth Century and Beyond
- 2017-12-28[PDF] A History of Buddhist Philosophy.: Continuity and Discontinuity
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.