Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Andrew Ede | Publisher: University of Toronto Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 448 | ISBN: 1442604468 | ISBN13: 9781442604469 |
Description: A History of Science in Society is a concise overview that introduces complex ideas in a non-technical fashion. Andrew Ede and Lesley B. Cormack trace the history of science through its continually changing place in society and explore the link between the pursuit of knowledge and the desire to make that knowledge useful. In this edition, the authors examine the robust intellectual exchange between East and West and provide new discussions of two women in science: Maria Merian and Maria Winkelmann. A chapter on the relationship between science and war has been added as well as a section on climate change. The further readings section has been updated to reflect recent contributions to the field. Other new features include timelines at the end of each chapter, 70 upgraded illustrations, and new maps of Renaissance Europe, Captain James Cook's voyages, the 2nd voyage of the Beagle, and the main war front during World War I.
A History of Science in Society: From Philosophy to Utility, Second Edition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35114
- 2017-11-25[PDF] One Team on All Levels: Stories from Toyota Team Members, Second Edition
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Introduction to Polymer Science and Chemistry: A Problem-Solving Approach, Second Edition
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The History of Science from 1946 to the 1990s (On the Shoulders of Giants)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The History of US-Japan Relations: From Perry to the Present - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] A History of the Soviet Union from the Beginning to the End
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The History of Science Fiction (Palgrave Histories of Literature) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] A History of the Greek Language: From Its Origins to the Present (Greek Edition)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Climate in Context: Science and Society Partnering for Adaptation (Wiley Works)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The History of the Renaissance World: From the Rediscovery of Aristotle to the Conquest of Constantinople
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A History of the Franciscan Order : From Its Origins to the Year 1517
- 2017-12-21[PDF] A History of Women in Russia: From Earliest Times to the Present
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Pictorial History of Science-Fiction Films
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Desert Lake: Art, Science and Stories from Paruku
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Deleuze: History and Science
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Crossroads: History of Science, History of Art: Essays by David Speiser, vol. II - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] A History of Parametric Statistical Inference from Bernoulli to Fisher, 1713-1935 (Sources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The History of the Ancient World: From the Earliest Accounts to the Fall of Rome
- 2017-11-22[PDF] A History of Atheism in Britain: From Hobbes to Russell
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.