Posted on 2017-12-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Richardson | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 608 | ISBN: 0307266656 | ISBN13: 9780307266651 |
Description: The long-awaited third volume of John Richardsonâ€™s definitive biography of Pablo Picasso combines the critical astuteness, exhaustive research, and stunning narrative that made the first two volumes an art-historical breakthrough as well as a pleasure to read. The Triumphant Years takes up the artistâ€™s life in 1917, when Picasso and Cocteau left wartime Paris for Rome to work with Diaghilevâ€™s Ballets Russes on their revolutionary production of Parade. Visits to Naples, above all to the Farnese marbles in the Museo Nazionale, would leave Picasso with a lifelong obsession with classical sculpture as well as the self-referential commedia dellâ€™arte. After returning to Paris and marrying one of Diaghilevâ€™s ballerinas, Olga Khokhlova, he abandoned bohemia for the drawing rooms of Paris. Hence, his so-called Duchess period, which coincided with his switch to neoclassicism, and would ultimately be absorbed into a metamorphic form of cubism. In the summer of 1923, Picasso and his American friends Gerald and Sara Murphy transformed the French Riviera from a winter into a summer resort, when they persuaded the proprietor of the Hotel du Cap at Antibes to keep the place open for the summer. In doing so, they made the Riviera Europeâ€™s major playground. Mediterraneanism was in Picassoâ€™s bones. Born in Malaga, he would always identify with this inland sea. In 1927 the artistâ€™s life underwent a major change he abandoned society for a life out of the spotlight with a beautiful seventeen-year-old girl, Marie-Therese Walter. His erotic obsession with Marie-Therese would result in an ever-growing antipathy for his neurasthenic, understandably jealous wife. Balletic clues have enabled Richardson to identify a number of baffling figure-paintings as portrayals of Olga and reinterpret the work of the late 1920s and early 1930s. Picassoâ€™s passionate love for his mistress and his passionate hatred for his wife can be fully understood only in light of each other. The last three chapters constitute an annus mirabilisâ€”spring 1931 to spring 1932â€”during which the artist celebrated his fiftieth birthday. Challenged to scale new heights by the passage of time, Picasso lived up to his shamanic belief that painting should have a magic function. In the course of this year, he reinvented sculpture and to a great extent his own imagery in a bid to Picassify the classical tradition. The resultant retrospective in Paris and Zurich in the summer of 1932 confirmed Picasso as the leader of the modern movement.
A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years, 1917-1932 (Vol 3).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34486
- 2017-01-17[PDF] A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years, 1917-1932 (Vol 3)
- 2013-12-18A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years, 1917-1932 (Vol 3) (repost)
- 2013-01-15A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years, 1917-1932 (Repost)
- 2012-10-09A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years, 1917-1932
- 2011-12-28Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Final Years, 1965-1973
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Their Life's Work: The Brotherhood of the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers, Then and Now
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Work-life Balance and the Economic Crisis: Some Insights from the Perspective of Comparative Law (Adapt Labour Studies)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] PROMOTING POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR IN THE EARLY YEARS
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Exploring Outdoor Play In The Early Years
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Vygotsky in Action in the Early Years: The Key to Learning Curriculum
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Eleanor Roosevelt, Volume 3: The War Years and After, 1939-1962
- 2018-01-05[PDF] A Life for Freedom: The Mission to End Racial Injustice in South Africa
- 2018-01-04[PDF] 101 Essential Lists for the Early Years
- 2018-01-02[PDF] A Life Too Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Your Life Calling: Reimagining the Rest of Your Life
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Extremes: Life, Death and the Limits of the Human Body
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Creative Teaching: English in the Early Years and Primary Classroom
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.