[PDF] A Theory of General Ethics: Human Relationships, Nature, and the Built Environment (MIT Press)
Posted on 2017-12-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Warwick Fox | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 400 | ISBN: 0262062550 | ISBN13: 9780262062558 |
Description: With A Theory of General Ethics Warwick Fox both defines the field of General Ethics and offers the first example of a truly general ethics. Specifically, he develops a single, integrated approach to ethics that encompasses the realms of interhuman ethics, the ethics of the natural environment, and the ethics of the built environment. Thus Fox offers what is in effect the first example of an ethical "Theory of Everything."Fox refers to his own approach to General Ethics as the "theory of responsive cohesion." He argues that the best examples in any domain of interestfrom psychology to politics, from conversations to theoriesexemplify the quality of responsive cohesion, that is, they hold together by virtue of the mutual responsiveness of the elements that constitute them. Fox argues that the relational quality of responsive cohesion represents the most fundamental value there is. He then develops the theory of responsive cohesion, central features of which include the elaboration of a "theory of contexts" as well as a differentiated model of our obligations in respect of all beings. In doing this, he draws on cutting-edge work in cognitive science in order to develop a powerful distinction between beings who use language and beings that do not.Fox tests his theory against eighteen central problems in General Ethicsincluding challenges raised by abortion, euthanasia, personal obligations, politics, animal welfare, invasive species, ecological management, architecture, and planningand shows that it offers sensible and defensible answers to the widest possible range of ethical problems.
A Theory of General Ethics: Human Relationships, Nature, and the Built Environment (MIT Press).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34195
- 2017-01-13[PDF] A Theory of General Ethics: Human Relationships, Nature, and the Built Environment (MIT Press)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Neuroscience of Human Relationships: Attachment and the Developing Social Brain (Second Edition) (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Neuroscience of Human Relationships: Attachment and the Developing Social Brain (Second Edition) (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Retrofitting the City: Residential Flexibility, Resilience and the Built Environment (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Cultures of Glass Architecture (Design and the Built Environment) (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Stadium Worlds: Football, Space and the Built Environment (Architext)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Sustainable Building Adaptation: Innovations in Decision-making (Innovation in the Built Environment)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Writing Architecture: A Practical Guide to Clear Communication about the Built Environment
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Fractal Dimension of Architecture (Mathematics and the Built Environment) - Removed
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Law and the Built Environment (Building & Surveying Series)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Design of Frontier Spaces: Control and Ambiguity (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Grounds and Envelopes: Reshaping Architecture and the Built Environment
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Writing Spaces: Discourses of Architecture, Urbanism and the Built Environment, 1960-2000 (Architext)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Visual Pollution: Advertising, Signage and Environmental Quality (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Performance-Oriented Architecture: Rethinking Architectural Design and the Built Environment
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Measuring Public Space: The Star Model (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Building Sustainable Futures: Design and the Built Environment - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Towns and Cities: Function in Form: Urban Structures, Economics and Society (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Politics of the Piazza: The History and Meaning of the Italian Square (Design and the Built Environment)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.