Posted on 2017-11-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Katy Barnett | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 1849462518 | ISBN13: 9781849462518 |
Description: This book defends the view that an award of an account of profits (or 'disgorgement damages') for breach of contract will sometimes be justifiable, and fits within the orthodox principles and cases in contract law. However there is some confusion as to when such an award should be made. The moral bases for disgorgement damages are deterrence and punishment, which shape the remedy in important ways. Courts are also concerned with vindication of the claimant's performance interest, and it is pivotal in these cases that the claimant cannot procure a substitute performance via an award of damages or specific relief. The book argues that disgorgement damages should be available in two categories of case: 'second sale' cases, where the defendant breaches his contract with the claimant to make a more profitable contract with a third party and 'agency problem' cases, where the defendant promises the claimant he will not do a certain thing, and the claimant finds it difficult to supervise the performance. Moreover, disgorgement may be full or partial, and 'reasonable fee damages' for breach of contract are best understood as partial disgorgement rather than 'restitutionary damages'. Equitable bars to relief should also be adopted in relation to disgorgement damages, as should allowances for skill and effort. This book will be of interest to contract and commercial lawyers, and will be especially valuable to anyone with an interest in contract remedies and restitution. It draws on case law in a number of common law jurisdictions, primarily England and Wales, and Australia.
Accounting for Profit for Breach of Contract: Theory and Practice.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33805
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Accounting for Non-Accountants: The Fast and Easy Way to Learn the Basics
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Accounting for Investments, Fixed Income Securities and Interest Rate Derivatives: A Practitioner's Handbook (Volume 2)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Accounting for War: Soviet Production, Employment, and the Defence Burden, 1940-1945 (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Accounting for the Environment: More Talk and Little Progress
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Accounting for Non-Accountants: The Fast and Easy Way to Learn the Basics (Quick Start Your Business)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Adaptive Techniques for Dynamic Processor Optimization: Theory and Practice (Integrated Circuits and Systems)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Reflection for Nursing Life: Principles, Process and Practice
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Composing for the Cinema: The Theory and Praxis of Music in Film
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Essential Guide to Game Audio: The Theory and Practice of Sound for Games
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Essential Guide to Game Audio: The Theory and Practice of Sound for Games
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Adaptive Techniques for Dynamic Processor Optimization: Theory and Practice (Integrated Circuits and Systems)
- 2019-01-11Employee Engagement for Organizational Change The Theory and Practice of Stakeholder Engagement
- 2018-12-21Employee Engagement for Organizational Change The Theory and Practice of Stakeholder Engagement
- 2013-11-02Advanced Water Injection for Low Permeability Reservoirs: Theory and Practice
- 2013-06-30Adaptive Techniques for Dynamic Processor Optimization: Theory and Practice
- 2013-06-11"Structural Loads Analysis for Commercial Transport Aircraft: Theory and Practice" by Ted L. Lomax
- 2010-03-10Machine Learning for Human Motion Analysis: Theory and Practice
- 2010-03-09Machine Learning for Human Motion Analysis: Theory and Practice
- 2009-02-07Adaptive Techniques for Dynamic Processor Optimization: Theory and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.