Posted on 2017-10-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jean Mercer | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1442234911 |
Description: Alternative Psychotherapies: Evaluating Unconventional Mental Health Treatments addresses concerns about current and newly-emerging mental health treatments that are considered "unconventional." In a parallel to complementary and alternative medical treatments, alternative psychotherapies lack research support, are at odds with established information about human personality and development, and may actually be harmful. Professionals and students in the helping professions may find such treatments confusing and difficult to differentiate from emerging therapies that have not yet established a foundation of evidence this is especially problematic if clients propose using unconventional therapies they have found on the Internet. Alternative Psychotherapies examines a series of unconventional treatments in terms of the research supporting them, their theoretical and historical backgrounds, and the potential or documented adverse events that may be associated with them. Therapies for both adults and children are included, and topics range from recovered memory therapies to bodywork to treatments for autism and to special education issues. Alternative psychotherapies frequently share certain historical backgrounds, and psychotherapists can use historical insights as well as an understanding of basic research rules and psychological theory to identify unconventional treatments other than the ones discussed. The book concludes with a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of greater regulation of alternative therapies, as compared to the current situation in which few mental health interventions are banned or limited by law.
Alternative Psychotherapies: Evaluating Unconventional Mental Health Treatments.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32297
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Failure of Evangelical Mental Health Care: Treatments That Harm Women, LGBT Persons and the Mentally Ill
- 2011-08-26Antenatal and Postnatal Mental Health: The NICE Guideline on Clinical Management and Service Guidance
- 2011-08-24Relational Competence Theory: Research and Mental Health Applications
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Elements of Culture and Mental Health: Critical Questions for Clinicians
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Pervasive Computing Paradigms for Mental Health: 4th International Symposium, MindCare 2014, Tokyo, Japan, May 8-9, 2014, Revised Selected Papers ... and Telecommunications Engineering) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Gendered Violence, Abuse and Mental Health in Everyday Lives: Beyond Trauma
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Anti-discriminatory Practice in Mental Health Care for Older People
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Attachment Theory in Adult Mental Health: A guide to clinical practice
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Lived Experience in Mental Health
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Job Loss, Identity, and Mental Health
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Neeb's Fundamentals of Mental Health Nursing
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Mental Health Care
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Clinical Consult for Psychiatric Mental Health Care
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Sourcebook of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Practice (Springer Series in Rehabilitation and Health) - Removed
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Normality Does Not Equal Mental Health: The Need to Look Elsewhere for Standards of Good Psychological Health
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Practical Approaches to Forensic Mental Health Testimony - Removed
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Mosby's Pocketbook of Mental Health, 2e - Removed
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Assessments in Occupational Therapy Mental Health: An Integrative Approach
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Neuroimaging Research in Geriatric Mental Health
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.