Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Margaret P. Moss PhD JD RN FAAN | Publisher: Springer Publishing Company | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 416 | ISBN: 0826129846 | ISBN13: 9780826129840 |
Description: Winner of the AJN Book of the Year Award in two categories (Professional Issues and Community/Public Health) announced Dec 29, 2016. The first book to examine the profound disparities in American Indian health through a nursing lens and how they can be remedied The average life expectancy of a male born on the Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota today is somewhere in the mid-40s,the lowest life expectancy ofall peoples not only in the United States but the entire Western Hemisphere. Written by and for nurses, this is the first text to focus exclusively onAmerican Indian health and nursing. In fact, it is likely the only nursing book to even mention American Indian health as a distinct entity. The textaddresses the profound disparities in policy, health care law, and health outcomes that affect American Indians, and describes how these disparities, woveninto the cultural, environmental, historical, and geopolitical fabric of American Indian society, are responsible for the marked lack of well-being amongAmerican Indians. American Indian nurse authors, natives of nine unique American Indian cultures, address the four domains of health,physical, mental, spiritual, andemotional,within each region to underscore the many stunning inequalities of opportunity for health and well-being within the American Indian culturecompared with ,Anglo, culture. In an era of cultural competency, these expert nurse authors bring awareness of what is perhaps the least understoodminority population in the United States. The text covers the history of American Indians with a focus on the drastic changes that occurred followingEuropean contact. Included are excerpts from relevant journal articles, historical reports, interviews with tribal health officials, and case studies. Thebook addresses the roots of American Indian nursing, including coverage of indigenous knowledge and traditional approaches to health and healing. Itexamines current issues surrounding American Indian nursing, nursing education, and health care within 10 distinct American Indian cultural populations,including a crucial discussion of the health care needs of American Indians living in urban areas.
American Indian Health and Nursing.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35681
- 2018-01-03[PDF] American Indian Myths and Legends
- 2017-12-25[PDF] American Indian Sovereignty and Law: An Annotated Bibliography (Native American Bibliography Series)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] American Indian Holocaust and Survival: A Population History Since 1492 (The Civilization of the American Indian Series)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] American Indian Sovereignty and the U.S. Supreme Court : The Masking of Justice
- 2017-02-10[PDF] American Indian Myths and Legends
- 2017-01-14[PDF] American Indian Sovereignty and the U.S. Supreme Court : The Masking of Justice
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Columbia Guide to American Indians of the Southwest (The Columbia Guides to American Indian History and Culture)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] (S)aged by Culture: Representations of Old Age in American Indian Literature and Culture
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Serving Their Country: American Indian Politics and Patriotism in the Twentieth Century
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Poison Arrows: North American Indian Hunting and Warfare
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Connecting Indian Wisdom and Western Science: Plant Usage for Nutrition and Health (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Reconstructing the Native South: American Indian Literature and the Lost Cause (The New Southern Studies)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Vitamania: Vitamins in American Culture (Health and Medicine Series)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] On the Border with Crook: General George Crook, the American Indian Wars, and Life on the American Frontier
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Environmental Health and Nursing Practice
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Poison Arrows: North American Indian Hunting and Warfare
- 2012-03-18Encyclopedia of American Indian History (4 volume set)
- 2011-12-31American Indian Myths and Legends (Pantheon Fairy Tale & Folklore Library)
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.