Posted on 2017-12-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert Cherny | Publisher: Rutgers University Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 081353402X | ISBN13: 9780813534022 |
Description: The American labor movement seemed poised on the threshold of unparalleled success at the beginning of the post-World War II era. Fourteen million strong in 1946, unions represented thirty five percent of non-agricultural workers. Why then did the gains made between the 1930s and the end of the war produce so few results by the 1960s? This collection addresses the history of labor in the postwar years by exploring the impact of the global contest between the United States and the Soviet Union on American workers and labor unions. The essays focus on the actual behavior of Americans in their diverse workplaces and communities during the Cold War. Where previous scholarship on labor and the Cold War has overemphasized the importance of the Communist Party, the automobile industry, and Hollywood, this book focuses on politically moderate, conservative workers and union leaders, the medium-sized cities that housed the majority of the population, and the Roman Catholic Church. These are all original essays that draw upon extensive archival research and some upon oral history sources.
American Labor and the Cold War: Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34612
- 2018-11-21American Labor and the Cold War Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture
- 2009-07-13American Labor and the Cold War: Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture
- 2018-01-15[PDF] American Torture: From the Cold War to Abu Ghraib and Beyond
- 2018-01-26[PDF] American Arabists in the Cold War Middle East, 1946-75: From Orientalism to Professionalism (Anthem Middle East Studies)
- 2018-06-15American History Tellers The Cold War and Prohibition [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-08American History Tellers The Cold War and Prohibition [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-10American History Tellers: "The Cold War" and "Prohibition" [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Science Studies during the Cold War and Beyond: Paradigms Defected (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) - Removed
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Silent Heroes of the Cold War: The mysterious military plane crash on a Nevada mountain peak and the families who endured an abyss of silence for generations
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Covert Action in the Cold War: US Policy, Intelligence and CIA Operations (International Library of Twentieth Century History)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] High Noon in the Cold War: Kennedy, Khrushchev, and the Cuban Missile Crisis
- 2017-02-07[PDF] High Noon in the Cold War: Kennedy, Khrushchev, and the Cuban Missile Crisis
- 2012-12-25American Torture: From the Cold War to Abu Ghraib and Beyond (Repost)
- 2011-11-11American Torture: From the Cold War to Abu Ghraib and Beyond
- 2011-08-02American Torture: From the Cold War to Abu Ghraib and Beyond
- 2010-10-18American Cryptology during the Cold War, 1945-1989 - Book III: Retrenchment and Reform, 1972-1980
- 2010-01-29The war on terrorism and the american 'empire' after the cold war
- 2009-12-31THE WAR ON TERRORISM AND THE AMERICAN 'EMPIRE' AFTER THE COLD WAR
- 2009-12-26THE WAR ON TERRORISM AND THE AMERICAN 'EMPIRE' AFTER THE COLD WAR
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.