[PDF] An Illustrated History of Health and Fitness, from Pre-History to our Post-Modern World (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
Posted on 2017-12-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Roy J. Shephard | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 1077 | ISBN: 3319116703 | ISBN13: 9783319116709 |
Description: This book examines the health/fitness interaction in an historical context. Beginning in primitive hunter-gatherer communities, where survival required adequate physical activity, it goes on to consider changes in health and physical activity at subsequent stages in the evolution of â€œcivilization.â€ It focuses on the health impacts of a growing understanding of medicine and physiology, and the emergence of a middle-class with the time and money to choose between active and passive leisure pursuits. The book reflects on urbanization and industrialization in relation to the need for public health measures, and the ever-diminishing physical demands of the work-place. It then evaluates the attitudes of prelates, politicians, philosophers and teachers at each stage of the process. Finally, the book explores professional and governmental initiatives to increase public involvement in active leisure through various school, worksite, recreational and sports programmes.
An Illustrated History of Health and Fitness, from Pre-History to our Post-Modern World (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34139
- 2011-11-12Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII
- 2011-05-31Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII: Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, (International ... and Philosophy of Science// Proc
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Explaining Buyer Behavior: Central Concepts and Philosophy of Science Issues
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Explaining Buyer Behavior: Central Concepts and Philosophy of Science Issues
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Chevrons: Illustrated History and Catalog of U.S. Army Insignia
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Illustrated History of the Rat Rod: The People, the Cars, and the Culture
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Big Book of Health and Fitness: A Practical Guide to Diet, Exercise, Healthy Aging, Illness Prevention, and Sexual Well-Being
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- 2011-11-12Ancient Rome: an Illustrated History
- 2011-10-19An Illustrated History of the Snowdon Mountain Railway
- 2011-09-09Green Schools: Attributes for Health and Learning
- 2011-06-10Research-Based Web Design & Usability Guidelines
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Illustrated History of Guns: From First Firearms to Semiautomatic Weapons
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Eppur si muove: Doing History and Philosophy of Science with Peter Machamer: A Collection of Essays in Honor of Peter Machamer (The Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Mathematical Practitioners and the Transformation of Natural Knowledge in Early Modern Europe (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Practical Budget Management in Health and Social Care
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Colour Atlas of Orofacial Health and Disease in Children and Adolescents
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Spiritual History of Ice: Romanticism, Science and the Imagination
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Descartes' Treatise on Man and its Reception (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.