Posted on 2017-12-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert Geraci | Category: Robotics | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 0195393023 | ISBN13: 9780195393026 |
Description: Apocalyptic AI, the hope that we might one day upload our minds into machines and live forever in cyberspace, is a surprisingly wide-spread and influential idea, affecting everything from the world view of online gamers to government research funding and philosophical thought. In Apocalyptic AI, Robert Geraci offers the first serious account of this "cyber-theology?and the people who promote it, drawing on interviews with roboticists and AI researchers and even devotees of the online game Second Life. He points out that the rhetoric of Apocalyptic AI is strikingly similar to that of the apocalyptic traditions of Judaism and Christianityâ€”in both systems the believer is trapped in a dualistic universe and expects a resolution in which he or she will be translated to a transcendent new world and live forever in a glorified new body. Geraci also shows how this worldview exerts significant influence by promoting certain types of research in robotics and artificial intelligence, and has also had an impact on philosophers of mind, theologians, and even legal scholars.
Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34828
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality
- 2014-05-31Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality
- 2014-05-15Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality (repost)
- 2012-04-27Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality
- 2011-09-08Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality free ebook download
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Dictionary of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- 2018-09-08Artificial Intelligence and the Two Singularities (Chapman & Hall/CRC Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Ontology Learning and Population: Bridging the Gap between Text and Knowledge - Volume 167 Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing: International Symposium, AISP 2013, Tehran, Iran, December 25-26, 2013, Revised Selected Papers (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Artificial Intelligence Research and Development Proceedings of the 18th International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial ... in Artificial Intelligence and Applications)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Artificial Intelligence and Exponential Technologies: Business Models Evolution and New Investment Opportunities (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Advances in Digital Technologies (Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Thinking Machines: The inside story of Artificial Intelligence and our race to build the future
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing: Behavioral and Cognitive Modeling of the Human Brain
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Introduction to Text Visualization (Atlantis Briefs in Artificial Intelligence)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Robots Dilemma: The Frame Problem in Artificial Intelligence (Theoretical Issues in Cognitive Science)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Learning with Support Vector Machines (Synthesis Lectures on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Supporting Learning Flow through Integrative Technologies: Volume 162 Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.