[PDF] Application of Selected Reaction Monitoring to Highly Multiplexed Targeted Quantitative Proteomics: A Replacement for Western Blot Analysis (SpringerBriefs in Systems Biology)
Posted on 2017-10-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Kinter | Publisher: Springer | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 65 | ISBN: 1461486653 | ISBN13: 9781461486657 |
Description: A key experiment in biomedical research is monitoring the expression of different proteins in order to detect changes that occur in biological systems under different experimental conditions. The method that is most widely used is the Western blot analysis. While Western blot is a workhorse in laboratories studying protein expression and has several advantages, it also has a number of significant limitations. In particular, the method is semi-quantitative with limited dynamic range. Western blot focuses on a single protein per sample with only a small number of representative samples analyzed in an experiment. New quantitative tools have been needed for some time to at least supplement, & possibly replace, the Western blot. Mass spectrometric methods have begun to compete with Western blot for routine quantitative analyses of proteins. One of these methods is based on the tandem mass spectrometry technique of selected reaction monitoring (SRM), which is also called multiple reaction monitoring (MRM). Selected reaction monitoring is actually an older tandem mass spectrometry technique, first described in the late 70s, that is widely utilized in the quantitative analysis of small molecules like drugs & metabolites. The use of selected reaction monitoring for the quantitative analysis of proteins has a number of advantages. Most importantly, it is fundamentally quantitative with a wide dynamic range. The output of the analysis is a numerical result that can range over several orders of magnitude. Other advantages include sufficient specificity & sensitivity to detect low abundance proteins in complex mixtures. Finally, selected reaction monitoring can be multiplexed to allow the quantitative analysis of relatively large numbers of proteins in a single sample in a single experiment. This Brief will explain both the theoretical & experimental details of the selected reaction monitoring experiment as it is applied to proteins.
Application of Selected Reaction Monitoring to Highly Multiplexed Targeted Quantitative Proteomics: A Replacement for Western Blot Analysis (SpringerBriefs in Systems Biology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32870
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Application of Holography and Hologram Interferometry to Photoelasticity: Lectures Held at the Department for Mechanics of Deformable Bodies (CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Geometrical Methods for Power Network Analysis (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Next Generation Sequencing and Sequence Assembly: Methodologies and Algorithms (SpringerBriefs in Systems Biology)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Metabolic Response of Slowly Absorbed Carbohydrates in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (SpringerBriefs in Systems Biology)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Powder Technology and Application II: Selected, Peer Reviewed Papers from the 2009 China International Powder Technology & Application Forum (Advanced Materials Research)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Application of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on Quality of Selected Vegetables
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Measurement Technology and Its Application III: Selected, Peer Reviewed Papers from the 2014 3rd International Conference on Measurement, ... 23-24, 20 (Applied Mechanics and Materials)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Diels-Alder Reaction: Selected Practical Methods
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Durability of Critical Infrastructure, Monitoring and Testing: Proceedings of the ICDCF 2016 (Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Application of Infrared to Biomedical Sciences (Series in BioEngineering)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Application of Big Data for National Security: A Practitioner's Guide to Emerging Technologies
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Consumer Culture: Selected Essays
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Advances in Selected Plant Physiology Aspects
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Mesh Enhancement: Selected Elliptic Methods, Foundations and Applications
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Proceedings of Selected Articles of 2013 World Agricultural Outlook Conference
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Discourses and Selected Writings (Penguin Classics)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Rene Magritte: Selected Writings
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Crop Rotations: Farming Practices, Monitoring and Environmental Benefits (Agriculture Issues and Policies)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] 'HIV Infection in the Era of Highly Active Antiretroviral Treatment and Some of Its Associated Complications'
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.