Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jin Baek | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 152 | ISBN: 0415623499 | ISBN13: 9780415623490 |
Description: 0415623502 At a time when climate and ethics have become so important to architectural debate, this book proposes an entirely new way for architects to engage with these core issues. Drawing on Tetsuro Watsujiâ€˜s (1889-1960) philosophy, the book illuminates climate not as a collection of objective natural phenomena, but as a concrete form of bond in which "who we are"?the subjective human experience?is indivisibly intertwined with the natural phenomena. The book further elucidates the inter-personal nature of climatic experiences, criticizing a view that sees atmospheric effects of climate under the guise of personal experientialism and reinforcing the linkage between climate and ethos as the appropriateness of a setting for human affairs. This ethical premise of climate stretches the horizon of sustainability as pertaining not only to manâ€™s solitary relationship with natural phenomena?a predominant trend in contemporary discourse of sustainability?but also to manâ€™s relationship with man. Overcoming climatic determinism?regional determinism, too?and expanding the ethics of the inter-personal to the level where the whole and particulars are joined through the dialectics of the mutually-negating opposites, Jin Baek develops a new thesis engaging with the very urgent issues inherent in sustainable architecture. Crucially, the book explores examples that join climate and the dynamics of the inter-personal, including: Japanese vernacular residential architecture the white residential architecture of Richard Neutra contemporary architectural works and urban artifacts by Tadao Ando and Aldo Rossi Beautifully illustrated, this book is an important contribution to the discourse which surrounds architecture, climate and ethics and encourages the reader to think more broadly about how to respond to the current challenges facing the profession.
Architecture as the Ethics of Climate.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35609
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2011-08-07Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Essentials of the Earth's Climate System
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Architecture in the Real World: The Work of Hok
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Architecture in the Age of Printing: Orality, Writing, Typography, and Printed Images in the History of Architectural Theory
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Ghostwriting and the Ethics of Authenticity
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Architecture and the Virtual
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Architecture of the Off-Modern (Forum Project Publications)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Architecture of the MEAN Stack
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Binary Bullets: The Ethics of Cyberwarfare
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Architecture RePerformed: The Politics of Reconstruction
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Coding Freedom: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Hacking
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Globalizing Justice: The Ethics of Poverty and Power
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Architecture for the Poor: An Experiment in Rural Egypt (Phoenix Books)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Radical Cosmopolitics: The Ethics and Politics of Democratic Universalism (New Directions in Critical Theory)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Just Genes: The Ethics of Genetic Technologies
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Architecture of the Sacred: Space, Ritual, and Experience from Classical Greece to Byzantium
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Architecture Principles: The Cornerstones of Enterprise Architecture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.