Posted on 2017-12-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alice Osborne Lovejoy | Publisher: Indiana University Press | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 322 | ISBN: 0253014832 | ISBN13: 9780253014832 |
Description: During the 1968 Prague Spring and the Soviet-led invasion and occupation that followed, Czechoslovakia's Army Film studio was responsible for some of the most politically subversive and aesthetically innovative films of the period. Although the studio is remembered primarily as a producer of propaganda and training films, some notable New Wave directors began their careers there, making films that considerably enrich the history of that movement. Alice Lovejoy examines the institutional and governmental roots of postwar Czechoslovak cinema and provides evidence that links the Army Film studio to Czechoslovakias art cinema. By tracing the studio's unique institutional dimensions and production culture, Lovejoy explores the ways in which the "military avant-garde" engaged in dialogue with a range of global film practices and cultures.
Army Film and the Avant Garde: Cinema and Experiment in the Czechoslovak Military.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34556
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Army Film and the Avant Garde: Cinema and Experiment in the Czechoslovak Military
- 2016-10-22Army Film and the Avant Garde Cinema and Experiment in the Czechoslovak Military
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Men with the Movie Camera: the Poetics of Visual Style in Soviet Avant-garde Cinema of the 1920s
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Indianizing Film: Decolonization, the Andes, and the Question of Technology (New Directions in International Studies)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Pretty: Film and the Decorative Image
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Polish Film and the Holocaust: Politics and Memory
- 2017-12-02[PDF] African Film and Literature: Adapting Violence to the Screen (Film and Culture Series)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Army, Navy and Air Force Uniforms of the Warsaw Pact (SSP Specials series 6018)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Pretty: Film and the Decorative Image
- 2017-01-12[PDF] African Film and Literature: Adapting Violence to the Screen (Film and Culture Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Experimental Film and Anthropology
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Between Flesh and Steel: A History of Military Medicine from the Middle Ages to the War in Afghanistan
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Army Lineage Series: The Organizational History of Field Artillery, 1775 - 2003 - Revolutionary War to Nuclear Missiles, Civil War, World War II, Atomic Field Army, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Spartacus: Film and History
- 2017-10-14[PDF] A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (Essentials)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Studying Film (Studying the Media)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Silent Film and U.S. Naturalist Literature: Time, Narrative, and Modernity (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (Essentials)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Studying Film (Studying the Media)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.