Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Antigonos Sochos | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 113739868X | ISBN13: 9781137398680 |
Description: Antigonos Sochos develops the notion of attachment from a dyadic phenomenon to a collective one. He proposes that, like individuals, social groups also collectively seek protection and security in reference to their ideologies and social institutions. Social groups that are informed by collective attachment representations underpinned by insecurity tend to construct ideological and institutional systems that cannot make them feel genuinely safe. Such groups are likely to resort to ideological rigidity, insularity, dysfunction, and conflict with other groups. Insecure collective attachment is often constructed in reference to social experiences of coercion, violence, and trauma. The book explores the American-led response to the 9/11 attacks and argues that this was a response predominantly guided by insecure collective attachment representations. As the attacks activated collective attachment, the American and other western societies drew on their long social history of coercion, violence, and trauma only to construct an incoherent collective attachment narrative and engage in  ineffective protective action. With an overview of the existing literature on the subject and new contributions to the field, this book extends attachment theory by demonstrating how it can inform wider socio-cultural phenomena.
Attachment Security and the Social World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33238
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Phenomenology and the Social World: The Philosophy of Merleau-Ponty and its Relation to the Social Sciences
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Complexity Theory and the Social Sciences: An Introduction (Business and the World Economy 9)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Managed Lives: Psychoanalysis, inner security and the social order
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Phenomenology and the Social World: The Philosophy of Merleau-Ponty and its Relation to the Social Sciences
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Managed Lives: Psychoanalysis, inner security and the social order
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Complexity Theory and the Social Sciences: An Introduction (Business and the World Economy 9)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Between Heaven and the Real World: My Story
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Karl Popper and the Social Sciences (Suny Series in the Philosophy of the Social Sciences)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Nazi Propaganda and the Second World War
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Kelvin, Thermodynamics and the Natural World
- 2018-01-15[PDF] National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] New Zealand and the Second World War: The People, the Battles and the Legacy
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Mycenaean Greece and the Aegean World: Palace and Province in the Late Bronze Age
- 2018-01-07[PDF] German Reparations and the Jewish World: A History of the Claims Conference [German]
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Recommender Systems and the Social Web: Leveraging Tagging Data for Recommender Systems - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Western Art and the Wider World
- 2017-12-25[PDF] European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500-1750: Maps from the Collection of O.j. Sopranos (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Global Security and the War on Terror: Elite Power and the Illusion of Control (Contemporary Security Studies)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Climate, History and the Modern World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.