Posted on 2018-01-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dr. Ronald Epstein M.D. | Publisher: Scribner | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1501121715 | ISBN13: 9781501121715 |
Description: The first book for the general public about mindfulness and medical practice, a groundbreaking, intimate exploration of how doctors think and what matters mostâ€”safe, effective, patient-centered, compassionate careâ€”from the foremost expert in the field. As a third-year Harvard Medical School student doing a clinical rotation in surgery, Ronald Epstein watched an error unfold: an experienced surgeon failed to notice his patientâ€™s kidney turning an ominous shade of blue. In that same rotation, Epstein was awestruck by another surgeonâ€™s ability to avert an impending disaster, slowing down from autopilot to intentionality. The difference between these two doctors left a lasting impression on Epstein and set the stage for his lifeâ€™s workâ€”to identify the qualities and habits that distinguish masterful doctors from those who are merely competent. The secret, he learned, was mindfulness. In Attending, his first book, Dr. Epstein builds on his world-renowned, innovative programs in mindful practice and uses gripping and deeply human clinical stories to give patients a language to describe what they value most in health care and to outline a road map for doctors and other health care professionals to refocus their approach to medicine. Drawing on his clinical experiences and current research, and exploring four foundations of mindfulnessâ€”Attention, Curiosity, Beginnerâ€™s Mind, and Presenceâ€”Dr. Epstein introduces a revolutionary concept: by looking inward, health care practitioners can grow their capacity to provide high-quality care and the resilience to be there when their patients need them. The commodification of health care has shifted doctorsâ€™ focus away from the healing of patients to the bottom line. Clinician burnout is at an all-time high. Attending is the antidote. With compassion and intelligence, Epstein offers a crucial, timely book that shows us how we can restore humanity to medicine, guides us toward a better overall quality of care, and reminds us of what matters most.
Attending: Medicine, Mindfulness, and Humanity.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35506
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Forensic Medicine: Diagnosis and Signs of Death / Special Autopsy Techniques / Injuries and Accidents / Wounds and Wound Healing / Sudden, Unexpected ... / Toxicology / Identification of Victims - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Raptor Medicine, Surgery and Rehabilitation
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Personalized Medicine: Promises and Pitfalls
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Veterinary Medicine - Text and VETERINARY CONSULT Package: A textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats, 10e
- 2018-01-02[PDF] MindBody Medicine: Foundations and Practical Applications (Routledge Psychosocial Stress Series)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Internal Medicine Correlations and Clinical Scenarios (CCS) USMLE Step 3 (Correlations & Clinical Scenarios for the USMLE Step 3)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Combat Medicine: Basic and Clinical Research in Military, Trauma, and Emergency Medicine - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Family Medicine: Principles and Practice - Removed
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Slow Medicine: Hope and Healing for Chronic Illness
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects, Second Edition (Oxidative Stress and Disease)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Revolutionary Medicine: Health and the Body in Post-Soviet Cuba
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Vascular Medicine: Therapy and Practice
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Natural Resources, Sustainability and Humanity: A Comprehensive View
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The Medicine Burns: And Other Stories (High Risk Books)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Handbook of Mindfulness and Self-Regulation
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Literature, the Humanities, and Humanity
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Tarahumara Medicine: Ethnobotany and Healing Among the Raramuri of Mexico
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Translational Medicine: Tools And Techniques
- 2017-02-17[PDF] MindBody Medicine: Foundations and Practical Applications (Routledge Psychosocial Stress Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.