Posted on 2017-10-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Colin Burgess | Category: Aeronautical Engineering | Language: English | Page: 239 | ISBN: 3319204386 | ISBN13: 9783319204383 |
Description: TO A NATION enthralled by the heroic exploits of the Mercury astronauts, the launch of Lt. Cmdr. Scott Carpenter on NASAâ€™s second orbital space flight was a renewed cause for pride, jubilation and celebration. Within hours, that excitement had given way to stunned disbelief and anxiety as shaken broadcasters began preparing the American public for the very real possibility that an American astronaut and his spacecraft may have been lost at sea. In fact, it had been a very close call. Completely out of fuel and forced to manually guide Aurora 7 through the frightening inferno of re-entry, Carpenter brought the Mercury spacecraft down to a safe splashdown in the ocean. In doing so, he controversially overshot the intended landing zone. Despite his efforts, Carpenterâ€™s performance on the MA-7 mission was later derided by powerful figures within NASA. He would never fly into space again. Taking temporary leave of NASA, Carpenter participated in the U.S. Navyâ€™s pioneering Sealab program. For a record 30 days he lived and worked aboard a pressurized habitat resting on the floor of the ocean, becoming the nationâ€™s first astronaut/aquanaut explorer. Following extensive research conducted by noted spaceflight historian Colin Burgess, the drama-filled flight of Aurora 7 is faithfully recounted in this engrossing book, along with the personal recollections of Scott Carpenter and those closest to the actual events.
Aurora 7: The Mercury Space Flight of M. Scott Carpenter.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32438
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Energiya-Buran: The Soviet Space Shuttle - Removed
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Architecture of the Sacred: Space, Ritual, and Experience from Classical Greece to Byzantium
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Proteolysis in the Interstitial Space (Protein Science)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Minerals of the Mercury Ore Deposit Idria
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Kristian Birkeland: The First Space Scientist (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- 2018-06-05The Mercury 13 The Untold Story of Thirteen American Women and the Dream of Space Flight
- 2018-01-01[PDF] At the Edge of Space: The X-15 Flight Program
- 2011-12-17America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-11-25America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-11-24America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs
- 2011-08-16Engineering Challenges to the Long-Term Operation of the International Space Station (Compass series)
- 2019-07-08^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read American Moonshot: John F. Kennedy and the Great Space Race by Douglas Brinkley Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- 2019-06-16Read Online Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Jay Kristoff in PDF Epub
- 2018-12-29An introduction to the physics of space flight
- 2018-10-05An introduction to the physics of space flight
- 2018-08-09An introduction to the physics of space flight
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The New Space: Movement and Experience in Viennese Modern Architecture
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Homer's Trojan Theater: Space, Vision, and Memory in the IIiad
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Rocket Man: And Other Extraordinary Characters in the History of Flight
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.