Posted on 2018-01-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Martin Shuster | Publisher: University Of Chicago Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: German | Page: 216 | ISBN: 022615548X | ISBN13: 9780226155487 |
Description: Ever since Kant and Hegel, the notion of autonomythe idea that we are beholden to no law except one we impose upon ourselveshas been considered the truest philosophical expression of human freedom. But could our commitment to autonomy, as Theodor Adorno asked, be related to the extreme evils that we have witnessed in modernity? In Autonomy after Auschwitz, Martin Shuster explores this difficult question with astonishing theoretical acumen, examining the precise ways autonomy can lead us down a path of evil and how it might be prevented from doing so. Shuster uncovers dangers in the notion of autonomy as it was originally conceived by Kant. Putting Adorno into dialogue with a range of European philosophers, notably Kant, Hegel, Horkheimer, and Habermasas well as with a variety of contemporary Anglo-American thinkers such as Richard Rorty, Stanley Cavell, John McDowell, and Robert Pippinhe illuminates Adornos important revisions to this fraught concept and how his different understanding of autonomous agency, fully articulated, might open up new and positive social and political possibilities. Altogether, Autonomy after Auschwitz is a meditation on modern evil and human agency, one that demonstrates the tremendous ethical stakes at the heart of philosophy.
Autonomy After Auschwitz: Adorno, German Idealism, and Modernity [German].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35090
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Autonomy After Auschwitz: Adorno, German Idealism, and Modernity [German]
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Politics after Hitler: The Western Allies and the German Party System - Removed
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Politics after Hitler: The Western Allies and the German Party System
- 2018-12-19Ethics After Auschwitz Primo Levi's and Elie Wiesel's Response
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Preaching After Easter: Mid-pentecost, Ascension, and Pentecost in Late Antiquity (Vigiliae Christianae)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Therapy after Terror: 9/11, Psychotherapists, and Mental Health
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Damascus after the Muslim Conquest: Text and Image in Early Islam
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Before & After, Second Revised Edition: Living and Eating Well After Weight-Loss Surgery
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Psychology After the Crisis: Scientific paradigms and political debate (Psychology After Critique)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Adobe After Effects CS5 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Healing after Parent Loss in Childhood and Adolescence: Therapeutic Interventions and Theoretical Considerations
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Adobe After Effects CS5 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Damascus after the Muslim Conquest: Text and Image in Early Islam
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Before & After, Second Revised Edition: Living and Eating Well After Weight-Loss Surgery
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Deco Body, Deco City: Female Spectacle and Modernity in Mexico City, 1900-1939 (The Mexican Experience)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] All or Nothing: Systematicity, Transcendental Arguments, and Skepticism in German Idealism
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Heidegger, German Idealism and Neo-Kantianism
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Adorno on Politics after Auschwitz
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Receptive Spirit: German Idealism and the Dynamics of Cultural Transmission (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP) [German]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.