Posted on 2017-12-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jeff Sypeck | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0060797061 | ISBN13: 9780060797065 |
Description: On Christmas morning in the year 800, Pope Leo III placed the crown of imperial Rome on the brow of a Germanic king named Karl. With one gesture, the man later hailed as Charlemagne claimed his empire and forever shaped the destiny of Europe. Becoming Charlemagne tells the story of the international power struggle that led to this world-changing event. Illuminating an era that has long been overshadowed by legend, this far-ranging book shows how the Frankish king and his wise counselors built an empire not only through warfare but also by careful diplomacy. With consummate political skill, Charlemagne partnered with a scandal-ridden pope, fended off a ruthless Byzantine empress, nurtured Jewish communities in his empire, and fostered ties with a famous Islamic caliph. For 1,200 years, the deeds of Charlemagne captured the imagination of his descendants, inspiring kings and crusaders, the conquests of Napoleon and Hitler, and the optimistic architects of the European Union. In this engaging narrative, Jeff Sypeck crafts a vivid portrait of Karl, the ruler who became a legend, while transporting readers far beyond Europe to the glittering palaces of Constantinople and the streets of medieval Baghdad. Evoking a long-ago world of kings, caliphs, merchants, and monks, Becoming Charlemagne brings alive an age of empire building that continues to resonate today.
Becoming Charlemagne: Europe, Baghdad, and the Empires of A.D. 800.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34629
- 2016-12-23[PDF] Becoming Charlemagne: Europe, Baghdad, and the Empires of A.D. 800
- 2009-10-07Becoming Charlemagne: Europe, Baghdad, and the Empires of A.D. 800
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Mohammed, Charlemagne and the Origins of Europe: Archaeology and the Pirenne Thesis
- 2018-05-14Russia and Courtly Europe; Ritual and the Culture of Diplomacy, 1648-1725 (New Studies in European History)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Corporate Social Responsibility in Times of Crisis: Practices and Cases from Europe, Africa and the World (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Roman Empire and the Silk Routes: The Ancient World Economy and the Empires of Parthia, Central Asia and Han China
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Imperial Matter: Ancient Persia and the Archology of Empires
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Becoming Virtual: Knowledge Management and Transformation of the Distributed Organization (Contributions to Management Science)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Santa Claus in Baghdad and Other Stories about Teens in the Arab World
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Emperor of the World: Charlemagne and the Construction of Imperial Authority, 800-1229
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Climate Change Politics in Europe: Germany and the International Relations of the Environment (Library of International Relations)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Divided Languages?: Diglossia, Translation and the Rise of Modernity in Japan, China, and the Slavic World (Transcultural Research - Heidelberg Studies on Asia and Europe in a Global Context) - Removed
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Consumer Debt and Social Exclusion in Europe (Markets and the Law)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Fuels Paradise: Seeking Energy Security in Europe, Japan, and the United States
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Post-Suburban Europe: Planning and Politics at the Margins of Europe's Capital Cities - Removed
- 2017-11-15[PDF] God's Crucible: Islam and the Making of Europe, 570-1215
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Europe, Globalization, and the Coming of the Universal Caliphate
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Europe, Globalization and the Lisbon Agenda
- 2017-11-08[PDF] A Secular Europe: Law and Religion in the European Constitutional Landscape
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.