[PDF] Beyond Bodies: Gender, Literature and the Enigma of Consciousness (Consciousness, Literature and the Arts)
Posted on 2017-04-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daphne M. Grace | Publisher: Rodopi | Category: Russian | Language: English | Page: 250 | ISBN: 9042038349 | ISBN13: 9789042038349 |
Description: "Articulations and expressions of gender can be destabilising, transgressive, revolutionary and radical, encompassing both a painful legacy of oppression and a joyous exploration of new experience." Analysing key texts from the 19th to 21st centuries, this book explores a range of British and Anglophone authors to contextualise women's writing and feminist theory with ongoing debates in consciousness studies. Discussing writers who strive to redefine the gendered world of "sexualized" space, whether internal or external, mental or physical, this book argues how the "delusion" of gender difference can be addressed and challenged. In literary theory and in representations of the female body in literature, identity has increasingly become a shifting, multiple, renegotiable-and controversial-concept. While acknowledging historical and cultural constructions of sexuality, "writing the body" must ultimately incorporate knowledge of human consciousness. Here, an understanding of consciousness from contemporary science (especially quantum theory)-as the fundamental building block of existence, beyond the body-allows unique insights into literary texts to elucidate the problem of subjectivity and what it means to be human. Including discussion of topics such as feminism and androgyny, agency and entrapment, masculinities and masquerade, insanity and emotion, and individual and social empowerment, this study also creates a lively engagement with the literary process as a means of fathoming the "enigma" of consciousness.
Beyond Bodies: Gender, Literature and the Enigma of Consciousness (Consciousness, Literature and the Arts).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31390
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Revealing Bodies: Anatomy, Allegory, and the Grounds of Knowledge in the Long Eighteenth Century (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650-1850)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Faithful Bodies: Performing Religion and Race in the Puritan Atlantic (Early American Places)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Beyond Babylon: Art, Trade, and Diplomacy in the Second Millennium B.C. (Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Beyond Evidence-Based Psychotherapy: Fostering the Eight Sources of Change in Child and Adolescent Treatment (Counseling and Psychotherapy: ... Historical, and Cultural Perspectives)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Beyond Medication: Therapeutic Engagement and the Recovery from Psychosis (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Beyond Babylon: Art, Trade, and Diplomacy in the Second Millennium B.C. (Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beyond Sinology: Chinese Writing and the Scripts of Culture (Global Chinese Culture)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Intersections of Gender, Religion and Ethnicity in the Middle Ages (Genders and Sexualities in History)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Beyond Nationalism: A Social and Political History of the Habsburg Officer Corps, 1848-1918
- 2010-04-10Spectacular Bodies: Gender, Genre and the Action Cinema (Comedia) - Removed
- 2009-02-16Spectacular Bodies: Gender, Genre and the Action Cinema - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Beyond Representation: Chinese Painting and Calligraphy, 8Th-14th Century (Princeton Monographs in Art and Archaeology, No 48)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Beyond Representation: Chinese Painting and Calligraphy, 8Th-14th Century (Princeton Monographs in Art and Archaeology, No 48)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beyond Continuity: Script Supervision for the Modern Filmmaker
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Sovereign Masculinity: Gender Lessons from the War on Terror (Studies in Feminist Philosophy)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Beyond GDP: Measuring Welfare and Assessing Sustainability
- 2011-11-05The Arts (Britannica Learning Library)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Birthing Bodies in Early Modern France: Stories of Gender and Reproduction (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Beyond the Masks: Race, Gender and Subjectivity (Critical Psychology Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.