[PDF] Beyond Bodies: Gender, Literature and the Enigma of Consciousness (Consciousness, Literature and the Arts)
Posted on 2017-04-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daphne M. Grace | Publisher: Rodopi | Category: Russian | Language: English | Page: 250 | ISBN: 9042038349 | ISBN13: 9789042038349 |
Description: "Articulations and expressions of gender can be destabilising, transgressive, revolutionary and radical, encompassing both a painful legacy of oppression and a joyous exploration of new experience." Analysing key texts from the 19th to 21st centuries, this book explores a range of British and Anglophone authors to contextualise women's writing and feminist theory with ongoing debates in consciousness studies. Discussing writers who strive to redefine the gendered world of "sexualized" space, whether internal or external, mental or physical, this book argues how the "delusion" of gender difference can be addressed and challenged. In literary theory and in representations of the female body in literature, identity has increasingly become a shifting, multiple, renegotiable-and controversial-concept. While acknowledging historical and cultural constructions of sexuality, "writing the body" must ultimately incorporate knowledge of human consciousness. Here, an understanding of consciousness from contemporary science (especially quantum theory)-as the fundamental building block of existence, beyond the body-allows unique insights into literary texts to elucidate the problem of subjectivity and what it means to be human. Including discussion of topics such as feminism and androgyny, agency and entrapment, masculinities and masquerade, insanity and emotion, and individual and social empowerment, this study also creates a lively engagement with the literary process as a means of fathoming the "enigma" of consciousness.
Beyond Bodies: Gender, Literature and the Enigma of Consciousness (Consciousness, Literature and the Arts).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31390
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Strange Bodies: Gender and Identity in the Novels of Carson McCullers
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Revealing Bodies: Anatomy, Allegory, and the Grounds of Knowledge in the Long Eighteenth Century (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650-1850)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Enterprising Women: Gender, Race, and Power in the Revolutionary Atlantic (Race in the Atlantic World, 1700-1900)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Beyond Displacement: Campesinos, Refugees, and Collective Action in the Salvadoran Civil War (Critical Human Rights)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Fallen Bodies: Pollution, Sexuality, and Demonology in the Middle Ages (The Middle Ages Series)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Beyond Positive Thinking: Success and Motivation in the Scriptures
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Beyond Grammar: Language, Power, and the Classroom
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Beyond Borders: Cross-Culturalism and the Caribbean Canon
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Beyond Evidence-Based Psychotherapy: Fostering the Eight Sources of Change in Child and Adolescent Treatment (Counseling and Psychotherapy: ... Historical, and Cultural Perspectives)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Intersections of Gender, Religion and Ethnicity in the Middle Ages (Genders and Sexualities in History)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Beyond Nationalism: A Social and Political History of the Habsburg Officer Corps, 1848-1918
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Beyond Wheat & Weeds (Black & White): The complete guide to using natural and alternative remedies & tools during a disaster.
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Beyond Medication: Therapeutic Engagement and the Recovery from Psychosis (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Breaking Women: Gender, Race, and the New Politics of Imprisonment
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Beyond Sinology: Chinese Writing and the Scripts of Culture (Global Chinese Culture)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Beyond Religious Borders: Interaction and Intellectual Exchange in the Medieval Islamic World (Jewish Culture and Contexts)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Faithful Bodies: Performing Religion and Race in the Puritan Atlantic (Early American Places)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Beyond Babylon: Art, Trade, and Diplomacy in the Second Millennium B.C. (Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Beyond Evidence-Based Psychotherapy: Fostering the Eight Sources of Change in Child and Adolescent Treatment (Counseling and Psychotherapy: ... Historical, and Cultural Perspectives)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.