Posted on 2017-12-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Deborah L. Madsen | Publisher: Pluto Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0745320465 | ISBN13: 9780745320465 |
Description: The contributors to this book challenge the usual boundaries of 'post-colonial' theory. Focusing on American literature, they examine how America's own imperial history has shaped the literatures that have emerged from within America for instance, from Native American, Latino, Black and Asian-American writers. They contrast this with postcolonial literatures from countries whose history has been shaped by American colonialism from Canada, Central America and the Caribbean to Hawaii, Indonesia and Vietnam. In this way the contributors explore key questions about national identity and multiculturalism: why, for instance, is a Native writer categorised within 'American literature' if writing on one side of the border, but as 'Canadian' and 'post-colonial' if writing on the other? This is a challenging collection that raises questions not only about the boundaries of post-colonial theory, but also about ethnicity and multiculturalism, and the impact of immigration and assimilation issues that lie at the heart of the literary curriculum.
Beyond The Borders: American Literature and Post-Colonial Theory.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34699
- 2017-11-18[PDF] On the Borders of Love and Power: Families and Kinship in the Intercultural American Southwest
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Beyond the Northlands: Viking Voyages and the Old Norse Sagas
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Beyond the Stars: Our Origins and the Search for Life in The Universe
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Expelling the Germans: British Opinion and Post-1945 Population Transfer in Context (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Beyond the Threshold: Afterlife Beliefs and Experiences in World Religions
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Beyond the Hoax: Science, Philosophy and Culture
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Beyond the Metropolis: Second Cities and Modern Life in Interwar Japan
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Jewhooing the Sixties: American Celebrity and Jewish Identity - Sandy Koufax, Lenny Bruce, Bob Dylan, and Barbra Streisand
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Beyond the Nanoworld: Quarks, Leptons, and Gauge Bosons
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Beyond the Masks: Race, Gender and Subjectivity (Critical Psychology Series)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Beyond the Screen: Emerging Cinema and Engaging Audiences
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Beyond the Anti-Group: Survival and transformation
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Beyond the Biophysical: Knowledge, Culture, and Power in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Beyond the Einstein Addition Law and its Gyroscopic Thomas Precession: The Theory of Gyrogroups and Gyrovector Spaces (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Beyond The Mafia: Italian Americans And The Development Of Las Vegas (Shepperson Series in History Humanities) [Italian]
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Beyond The Pale: Folklore, Family, and the Mystery of Our Hidden Genes
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Beyond the Anti-Group: Survival and transformation
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Beyond the Masks: Race, Gender and Subjectivity (Critical Psychology Series)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Beyond the Hoax: Science, Philosophy and Culture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.