Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven J Brams | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0262025310 |
Description: In this book Steven Brams applies the mathematical theory of games to the Hebrew Bible. Brams's thesis is that God and the human biblical characters acted rationally - that is, given their preferences and their knowledge of other players' preferences, they made strategy choices that led to the best attainable outcomes. Beginning with the Creation and focusing on those stories richest in conflict and intrigue, Brams uses elementary game-theoretic tools to elucidate the rational calculations of biblical players and to show precisely the manner in which they sought to achieve their goals. He relies almost exclusively on noncooperative theory, making use of both game tree and matrix forms of games. Brams uses his strategic analysis to build a detailed assessment of God's character and motivations, including the reasons for His frequently wrathful behaviour. Brams's insights have application to biblical studies, the philosophy of religion, political theory and game theory and methodology. In the new chapter, Brams surveys the literature of the past 20 years on political-strategic interpretations of the Hebrew Bible. He also extends the game-theoretic analysis, using the theory of moves, to study a counterfactual situation - what if Abraham had refused God's command to sacrifice Isaac? - and to examine the rationality of believing in a superior being.
Biblical Games: Game Theory and the Hebrew Bible.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34998
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Biblical Games: Game Theory and the Hebrew Bible
- 2014-02-20Biblical Games: Game Theory and the Hebrew Bible
- 2018-11-06Divine Games Game Theory and the Undecidability of a Superior Being
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Social Media Marketing: Game Theory and the Emergence of Collaboration - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Game-Changer: Game Theory and the Art of Transforming Strategic Situations
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Bounds of Reason: Game Theory and the Unification of the Behavioral Sciences
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Game-Changer: Game Theory and the Art of Transforming Strategic Situations
- 2013-02-18DOWNLOAD A Beautiful Math: John Nash, Game Theory, and the Modern Quest for a Code of Nature (PDF) - Removed
- 2011-11-30Game Theory and the Humanities: Bridging Two Worlds
- 2011-08-26Game Theory and the Humanities: Bridging Two Worlds
- 2018-10-17Frontiers of Dynamic Games Game Theory and Management, St. Petersburg, 2017
- 2018-08-23Frontiers of Dynamic Games Game Theory and Management, St. Petersburg, 2017
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Lesser Deities in the Ugaritic Texts and the Hebrew Bible: A Comparative Study of Their Nature and Roles
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Borrowed Knowledge: Chaos Theory and the Challenge of Learning across Disciplines
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Slave Culture: Nationalist Theory and the Foundations of Black America
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Nonperturbative Quantum Field Theory and the Structure of Matter (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Boundary Conformal Field Theory and the Worldsheet Approach to D-Branes
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Postcolonialism and the Hebrew Bible: The Next Step (Semeia Studies) (Sbl - Semeia Studies)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Borrowed Knowledge: Chaos Theory and the Challenge of Learning across Disciplines
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.