Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stuart J. Smyth | Publisher: Springer | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 275 | ISBN: 3319532936 | ISBN13: 9783319532936 |
Description: This book discusses the regulatory and trade challenges facing the global adoption of biotechnological products and offers strategies for overcoming these obstacles and moving towards greater global food security. The first section of the book establishes the context of the conflict, discussing the challenges of global governance, international trade, and the history of regulation of genetically modified (GM) crops. In this section, the authors emphasize the shift from exclusively science-based regulation to the more socio-economically focused framework established by the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, which was adopted in 2000. The second section of the book provides a snapshot of the current state of international GM crop adoption and regulation, highlighting the US, Canada, and the EU. The final section of the book identifies options for breaking the gridlock of regulation and trade that presently exist. This book adds to the current literature by providing new information about innovative agricultural technologies and encouraging debate by providing an alternative to the narratives espoused by environmental non-governmental organizations. This book will appeal to students of economics, political science, and policy analysis, as well as members of regulatory agencies and agricultural industry firms.
Biotechnology Regulation and Trade (Natural Resource Management and Policy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35695
- 2012-03-17Geographic Information Systems: Applications in Natural Resource Management By Michael G. Wing, Pete Bettinger
- 2009-10-17Agricultural Biodiversity and Biotechnology in Economic Development (Natural Resource Management and Policy)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Macroprudential Regulation and Policy for the Islamic Financial Industry: Theory and Applications
- 2018-05-13Global Forest Governance and Climate Change; Interrogating Representation, Participation, and Decentralization (Palgrave Studies in Natural Resource Management)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management Third Edition
- 2018-01-02[PDF] A Comprehensive Assessment of the Role of Risk in U.S. Agriculture (Natural Resource Management and Policy)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Sustainable Natural Resource Management: For Scientists and Engineers
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Persistence Pays: U.S. Agricultural Productivity Growth and the Benefits from Public R&D Spending (Natural Resource Management and Policy) - Removed
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Ecology and Natural Resource Management: Systems Analysis and Simulation
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Wildlife and Natural Resource Management
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Ecology of Weeds and Invasive Plants: Relationship to Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Water, Energy and Food Security Nexus: Lessons from India for Development (Earthscan Studies in Natural Resource Management)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Global Impact of Unconventional Shale Gas Development: Economics, Policy, and Interdependence (Natural Resource Management and Policy) - Removed
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Historical Environmental Variation in Conservation and Natural Resource Management
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Beyond the Biophysical: Knowledge, Culture, and Power in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Handbook of Bioenergy Economics and Policy (Natural Resource Management and Policy)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management Third Edition
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Water, Energy and Food Security Nexus: Lessons from India for Development (Earthscan Studies in Natural Resource Management)
- 2010-04-14Water Footprint and Virtual Water Trade in Spain: Policy Implications (Natural Resource Management and Policy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.