Posted on 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Chuck Haddix | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 025203791X | ISBN13: 9780252037917 |
Description: Saxophone virtuoso Charlie "Bird" Parker began playing professionally in his early teens, became a heroin addict at 16, changed the course of music, and then died when only 34 years old. His friend Robert Reisner observed, "Parker, in the brief span of his life, crowded more living into it than any other human being." Like Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and John Coltrane, he was a transitional composer and improviser who ushered in a new era of jazz by pioneering bebop and influenced subsequent generations of musicians. Meticulously researched and written, Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker tells the story of his life, music, and career. This new biography artfully weaves together firsthand accounts from those who knew him with new information about his life and career to create a compelling narrative portrait of a tragic genius. While other books about Parker have focused primarily on his music and recordings, this portrait reveals the troubled man behind the music, illustrating how his addictions and struggles with mental health affected his life and career. He was alternatively generous and miserly a loving husband and father at home but an incorrigible philanderer on the road and a chronic addict who lectured younger musicians about the dangers of drugs. Above all he was a musician, who overcame humiliation, disappointment, and a life-threatening car wreck to take wing as Bird, a brilliant improviser and composer. With in-depth research into previously overlooked sources and illustrated with several never-before-seen images, Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker corrects much of the misinformation and myth about one of the most influential musicians of the twentieth century.
Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker (Music in American Life).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34270
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker (Music in American Life)
- 2014-01-26Kansas City Lightning The Rise and Times of Charlie Parker (Audiobook)
- 2014-01-23Kansas City Lightning: The Rise and Times of Charlie Parker (Audiobook)
- 2013-11-20Kansas City Lightning: The Rise and Times of Charlie Parker by Stanley Crouch
- 2013-04-01Chasin' the Bird: The Life and Legacy of Charlie Parker (Popular Music History)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Letters From an Early Bird: The Life and Letters of Denys Corbett Wilson, 1882-1915
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Words and Music of Dolly Parton: Getting to Know Country's 'Iron Butterfly' (The Praeger Singer-Songwriter Collection)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Chin: The Life and Crimes of Mafia Boss Vincent Gigante - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Rebel: The Life and Legend of James Dean
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Harry T. Burleigh: From the Spiritual to the Harlem Renaissance (Music in American Life)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Hangman: The Life and Crimes of Gerard John Schaefer
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Caesar: The Life and Death of Julius Caesar
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Recording the Classics: Maestros, Music, and Technology
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Busting the Life Insurance Lies: 38 Myths And Misconceptions That Sabotage Your Wealth
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla : Biography of a Genius (Citadel Press Book)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Get the Life You Want: The Secrets to Quick and Lasting Life Change with Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Stargazer: The Life, World and Films of Andy Warhol
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.