Posted on 2017-12-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James M. Tabor | Category: Geography | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1400067677 | ISBN13: 9781400067671 |
Description: The deepest cave on earth was a prize that had remained unclaimed for centuries, long after every other ultimate discovery had been made: both poles by 1912, Everest in 1958, the Challenger Deep in 1961. In 1969 we even walked on the moon. And yet as late as 2000, the earthâ€™s deepest caveâ€”the supercaveâ€”remained undiscovered. This is the story of the men and women who risked everything to find it, earning their place in history beside the likes of Peary, Amundsen, Hillary, and Armstrong. In 2004, two great scientist-explorers are attempting to find the bottom of the world. Bold, heroic American Bill Stone is committed to the vast Cheve Cave, located in southern Mexico and deadly even by supercave standards. On the other side of the globe, legendary Ukrainian explorer Alexander Klimchoukâ€”Stoneâ€™s polar opposite in temperament and style, but every bit his equal in scientific expertise, physical bravery, and sheer determinationâ€”has targeted Krubera, a freezing nightmare of a supercave in the Republic of Georgia, where underground dangers are compounded by the horrors of separatist war in this former Soviet republic. Blind Descent explores both the brightest and darkest aspects of the timeless human urge to discoverâ€”to be first. It is also a thrilling epic about a pursuit that makes even extreme mountaineering and ocean exploration pale by comparison. These supercavers spent months in multiple camps almost two vertical miles deep and many more miles from their cavesâ€™ exits. They had to contend with thousand-foot drops, deadly flooded tunnels, raging whitewater rivers, monstrous waterfalls, mile-long belly crawls, and much more. Perhaps even worse were the psychological horrors produced by weeks plunged into absolute, perpetual darkness, beyond all hope of rescue, including a particularly insidious derangement called The Rapture. James M. Tabor was granted unprecedented access to logs, journals, photographs, and video footage of these expeditions, as well as many hours of personal interviews with surviving participants. Blind Descent is an unforgettable addition to the classic literature of discovery and adventure. It is also a testament to human survival and enduranceâ€”and to two extraordinary men whose relentless pursuit of greatness led them to heights of triumph and depths of tragedy neither could have imagined.
Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34798
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth [Audiobook]
- 2014-05-28Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth (Repost)
- 2014-01-18Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth [Audiobook]
- 2013-12-11Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth
- 2013-11-30Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth [Repost]
- 2013-10-20Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth (repost)
- 2012-12-23Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth (Repost)
- 2011-11-24Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth
- 2011-11-21James M. Tabor - Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth (repost)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Blind to the Bones
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Blind to the Bones
- 2011-09-17Discover the Desert - The Driest Place on Earth (HQ PDF)
- 2011-09-15Discover the Desert: The Driest Place on Earth (HQ PDF)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Darker Than the Deepest Sea: The Search for Nick Drake
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Entrepreneurial Opportunity: The Right Place at the Right Time
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Heart in the Right Place: A Memoir
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Last Place on Earth
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Blind Descent: Surviving Alone and Blind on Mount Everest
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Wisdom of Walt: Leadership Lessons from the Happiest Place on Earth
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.