Posted on 2017-10-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: N.Y.) Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York | Publisher: The Museum | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 501 | ISBN: 0870995251 | ISBN13: 9780870995255 |
Description: This volume catalogues for the first time more than six hundred bronze and iron objects in the Department of Ancient Near Eastern Art of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Each is illustrated and described and then discussed in terms of its formal and stylistic aspects, cultural background, function, and chronology. Bibliographic citations present comparative material relevant to each object. A distinctive feature of this catalogue is its organization. Within the geographical sections the excavated objects appear first, separated from the unexcavated material that is stylistically attributed to the same area. Extensive cross-referencing within the catalogue entries relates objects that arc formally similar, as well as those that are geographically or culturally associated. The objects presented here have been acquired by the Metropolitan Museum over the last century through the Museum's participation in archaeological excavations, by exchange with other institutions, and by purchase or gift. The geographical areas they represent include much of the ancient Near Eastern world: Iran, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, Syria, Palestine, and Arabia. By studying the objects and the commentary offered in this catalogue, the reader may explore ancient cultures and the problems confronting modern archaeology and scholarship.
Bronze and iron: Ancient Near Eastern artifacts in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32880
- 2013-01-14Muscarella, Oscar White, "Bronze and Iron: Ancient Near Eastern Artifacts in The Metropolitan Museum of Art"
- 2012-11-21Royal City of Susa. Ancient Near Eastern Treasures in the Louvre
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Arts of the Sung and Yuan: Papers Prepared for an International Symposium Organized by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Conjunction With the Exhibition Splendors of Imperial
- 2017-12-08[PDF] American Furniture in the Metropolitan Museum of Art: Late Colonial Period - The Queen Anne and Chippendale Styles
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Treasures from the Kremlin: An Exhibition from the State Museums of the Moscow Kremlin at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, May 19-september 2, 1979 and the Grand Palais, Paris, October 12, 19
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Middle Ages treasures from the Cloisters and the Metropolitan Museum of Art: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, January 18- March 29, 1970. The Art Institute of Chicago, May 16- July 5, 1970
- 2017-11-02[PDF] American Impressionist and realist paintings and drawings from the collection of Mr. & Mrs. Raymond J. Horowitz,: Exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 19 April through 3 June 1973
- 2017-10-22[PDF] American Drawings and Watercolors in the Metropolitan Museum of Art: A Catalogue of Works by Artists Born Before 1835
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Cuneiform Texts in the Metropolitan Museum of Art: Tablets, Cones, and Bricks of the Third and Second Millennia B.C.
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Age of spirituality: Late antique and early Christian art, third to seventh century : catalogue of the exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, November 19, 1977, through February 12, 1978
- 2017-10-14[PDF] American Furniture in The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Late Colonial Period: Volume II, The Queen Anne and Chippendale Styles
- 2017-10-14[PDF] American Paintings in The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Vol. 3, A Catalogue of Works by Artists Born between 1846 and 1864
- 2017-10-14[PDF] American Paintings in The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Vol. 2, A Catalogue of Works by Artists Born between 1816 and 1845
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Assyrian Reliefs and Ivories in The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Palace Reliefs of Assurnasirpal II and Ivory Carvings from Nimrud
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Between Two Cultures: Late Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century Chinese Paintings from the Robert H. Ellsworth Collection in The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Care and Handling of Art Objects: Practices in The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- 2017-10-12[PDF] English and French Medieval Stained Glass in the Collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art (2 Volume set)
- 2017-04-11[PDF] The Jack and Belle Linsky Collection in The Metropolitan Museum of Art (Metropolitan Museum of Art Series)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Italian Paintings, Sienese and Central Italian Schools A Catalogue of the Collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art [Italian]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.