Posted on 2017-04-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Roger E. Backhouse | Publisher: Harvard University Press | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 0674057759 | ISBN13: 9780674057753 |
Description: The Great Recession of 2008 restored John Maynard Keynes to prominence. After decades when the Keynesian revolution seemed to have been forgotten, the great British theorist was suddenly everywhere. The New York Times asked, What would Keynes have done? The Financial Times wrote of the undeniable shift to Keynes. Le Monde pronounced the economic collapse Keyness revenge. Two years later, following bank bailouts and Tea Party fundamentalism, Keynesian principles once again seemed misguided or irrelevant to a public focused on ballooning budget deficits. In this readable account, Backhouse and Bateman elaborate the misinformation and caricature that have led to Keyness repeated resurrection and interment since his death in 1946. Keyness engagement with social and moral philosophy and his membership in the Bloomsbury Group of artists and writers helped to shape his manner of theorizing. Though trained as a mathematician, he designed models based on how specific kinds of people (such as investors and consumers) actually behavean approach that runs counter to the idealized agents favored by economists at the end of the century. Keynes wanted to create a revolution in the way the world thought about economic problems, but he was more open-minded about capitalism than is commonly believed. He saw capitalism as essential to a societys well-being but also morally flawed, and he sought a corrective for its main defect: the failure to stabilize investment. Keyness nuanced views, the authors suggest, offer an alternative to the polarized rhetoric often evoked by the word capitalism in todays political debates.
Capitalist Revolutionary: John Maynard Keynes.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31357
- 2012-05-01Capitalist Revolutionary: John Maynard Keynes by Roger E. Backhouse and Bradley W. Bateman
- 2019-05-20The Economic Consequences of the Peace by John Maynard Keynes PDF
- 2019-04-28The Economic Consequences of the Peace by John Maynard Keynes PDF
- 2018-01-25[PDF] John Maynard Keynes
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Battle of Bretton Woods: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Universal Man: The Lives of John Maynard Keynes
- 2018-08-13Universal Man The Seven Lives of John Maynard Keynes [Audiobook]
- 2014-04-27The Battle of Bretton Woods: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order
- 2013-05-18John Maynard Keynes (Great Thinkers in Economics) (repost)
- 2013-04-08The Battle of Bretton Woods: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order
- 2013-02-04The General Theory Of Employment, Interest, And Money - John Maynard Keynes
- 2012-12-07The Big Three in Economics: Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keynes (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2012-09-26John Maynard Keynes
- 2012-09-02John Maynard Keynes
- 2011-12-30The Big Three in Economics: Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keynes
- 2011-12-24John Maynard Keynes [Repost] - Removed
- 2011-10-07John Maynard Keynes
- 2011-10-04John Maynard Keynes
- 2011-07-09The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.