Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joseph F.C. DiMento | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Other Engineering | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0262018586 | ISBN13: 9780262018586 |
Description: Urban freeways often cut through the heart of a city, destroying neighborhoods, displacing residents, and reconfiguring street maps. These massive infrastructure projects, costing billions of dollars in transportation funds, have been shaped for the last half century by the ideas of highway engineers, urban planners, landscape architects, and architects -- with highway engineers playing the leading role. In Changing Lanes, Joseph DiMento and Cliff Ellis describe the evolution of the urban freeway in the United States, from its rural parkway precursors through the construction of the interstate highway system to emerging alternatives for more sustainable urban transportation. DiMento and Ellis describe controversies that arose over urban freeway construction, focusing on three cases: Syracuse, which early on embraced freeways through its center Los Angeles, which rejected some routes and then built I-105, the most expensive urban road of its time and Memphis, which blocked the construction of I-40 through its core. Finally, they consider the emerging urban highway removal movement and other innovative efforts by cities to re-envision urban transportation.
Changing Lanes: Visions and Histories of Urban Freeways (Urban and Industrial Environments).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33245
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Changing Lanes: Visions and Histories of Urban Freeways (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- 2019-03-04Changing Lanes Visions and Histories of Urban Freeways
- 2019-02-23Changing Lanes Visions and Histories of Urban Freeways
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Changing Lanes in China: Foreign Direct Investment, Local Governments, and Auto Sector Development
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Materials Matter: Toward a Sustainable Materials Policy (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] American Urban Form: A Representative History (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Changing Climates, Ecosystems and Environments within Arid Southern Africa and Adjoining Regions: Palaeoecology of Africa 33
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Changing Substance Abuse and Criminal Behavior Through Therapeutic Relationships - Removed
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Changing Lanes: A Novel
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Gothic Art: Visions and Revelations of the Medieval World
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Environmental Inequalities Beyond Borders: Local Perspectives on Global Injustices (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Changing Stocks, Flows and Behaviors in Industrial Ecosystems
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Gothic Art: Visions and Revelations of the Medieval World
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Environmental Inequalities Beyond Borders: Local Perspectives on Global Injustices (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- 2018-09-22Noise Pollution in Urban and Industrial Environments
- 2018-07-29Noise Pollution in Urban and Industrial Environments
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Flowering Plants: Structure and Industrial Products
- 2018-01-13[PDF] FXPHD - NUK217 - NUKE and Digital Environments
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Encyclopedia of Paleoclimatology and Ancient Environments - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.