[PDF] Choreographing Difference: The Body and Identity in Contemporary Dance (Studies. Engineering Dynamics Series 9)
Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ann Cooper Albright | Publisher: Wesleyan | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 244 | ISBN: 0819563218 | ISBN13: 9780819563217 |
Description: The choreographies of Bill T. Jones, Cleveland Ballet Dancing Wheels, Zab Maboungou, David Dorfman, Marie Chouinard, Jawole Willa Jo Zollar, and others, have helped establish dance as a crucial discourse of the 90s. These dancers, Ann Cooper Albright argues, are asking the audience to see the body as a source of cultural identity a physical presence that moves with and through its gendered, racial, and social meanings. Through her articulate and nuanced analysis of contemporary choreography, Albright shows how the dancing body shifts conventions of representation and provides a critical example of the dialectical relationship between cultures and the bodies that inhabit them. As a dancer, feminist, and philosopher, Albright turns to the material experience of bodies, not just the body as a figure or metaphor, to understand how cultural representation becomes embedded in the body. In arguing for the intelligence of bodies, Choreographing Difference is itself a testimonial, giving voice to some important political, moral, and artistic questions of our time.
Choreographing Difference: The Body and Identity in Contemporary Dance (Studies. Engineering Dynamics Series 9).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33718
- 2018-06-02Discourse, the Body, and Identity
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Becoming American?: The Art and Identity Crisis of Yasuo Kuniyoshi
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Stardust Monuments: The Saving and Selling of Hollywood (Interfaces: Studies in Visual Culture)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Reasoning Robots: The Art and Science of Programming Robotic Agents (Applied Logic Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Analytical Geometry: The Commonwealth and International Library of Science, Technology, Engineering and Liberal Studies: Mathematics Division (Commonwealth Library)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] South Africa: The Rise and Fall of Apartheid (Seminar Studies)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Animating Difference: Race, Gender, and Sexuality in Contemporary Films for Children (Perspectives on a Multiracial America)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Nurse Practitioners: The Evolution and Future of Advanced Practice, Fifth Edition (SPRINGER SERIES ON ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSING)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Floating Lives: The Media and Asian Diasporas (Critical Media Studies: Institutions, Politics, and Culture)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] A Healing Grove: African Tree Remedies and Rituals for the Body and Spirit
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Spiritual Anatomy of Emotion: How Feelings Link the Brain, the Body, and the Sixth Sense
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Angel Medicine: How to Heal the Body and Mind with the Help of Your Angels [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Tibetan Yoga of Breath: Breathing Practices for Healing the Body and Cultivating Wisdom
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Animal Electricity: How We Learned That the Body and Brain Are Electric Machines
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Meditation - The Complete Guide: Techniques from East and West to Calm the Mind, Heal the Body, and Enrich the Spirit
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Rhetoric of the Body from Ovid to Shakespeare (Cambridge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Body and the Screen: Theories of Internet Spectatorship
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Vegan Diner: Classic Comfort Food for the Body and Soul
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Comfort: An Atlas for the Body and Soul
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.