Posted on 2017-12-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Pramod K. Nayar | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1107080584 | ISBN13: 9781107080584 |
Description: This book is a study of cultures of surveillance, from CCTV to genetic data-gathering and the new forms of subjectivity and citizenship that are forged in such cultures. It studies data, bodies and space as domains within which this subjectivity of the vulnerable individual emerges. The book also proposes that we can see a shift within cultures of surveillance where, from active participation in the process of surveilling, a witness-citizen emerges. The book therefore seeks to alter surveillance as a mere top-down system, instead arguing that surveillance is also a mode of engagement with the world enabling trust, accountability and eventually a responsible humanitarianism.
Citizenship and Identity in the Age of Surveillance.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34054
- 2017-11-13[PDF] What Gender is Motherhood?: Changing Yoru?ba? Ideals of Power, Procreation, and Identity in the Age of Modernity (Gender and Cultural Studies in Africa and the Diaspora)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Power and Identity in the Creative Writing Classroom: The Authority Project (New Writing Viewpoints)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Ballet and Opera in the Age of Giselle
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Intimacy and Sexuality in the Age of Shakespeare
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Language and Identity in the Balkans: Serbo-Croatian and Its Disintegration
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Citizenship and Migration in the Era of Globalization: The Flow of Migrants and the Perception of Citizenship in Asia and Europe (Transcultural ... on Asia and Europe in a Global Context) - Removed
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Talking and Listening in the Age of Modernity: Essays on the history of sound
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Terror and Democracy in the Age of Stalin: The Social Dynamics of Repression
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Management and Security in the Age of Hyperconnectivity: 10th IFIP WG 6.6 International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management, and ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Literature and Heresy in the Age of Chaucer (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Africans and Britons in the Age of Empires, 1660-1980
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Journalism and Memorialization in the Age of Social Media
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Art and Identity in Dark Age Greece, 1100-700 BC
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Narrative and Identity in the Ancient Greek Novel: Returning Romance (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Africans and Britons in the Age of Empires, 1660-1980
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Language and Identity in the Balkans: Serbo-Croatian and Its Disintegration
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Homelessness, Citizenship, and Identity: The Uncanniness of Late Modernity (Suny Series in National Identities)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Regulating Aversion: Tolerance in the Age of Identity and Empire
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Atlantic Iron Age: Settlement and Identity in the First Millennium BC
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.