Posted on 2017-12-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Baruch Kimmerling | Publisher: Columbia University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 464 | ISBN: 0231143281 | ISBN13: 9780231143288 |
Description: By revisiting the past hundred years of shared Palestinian and Jewish-Israeli history, Baruch Kimmerling reveals surprising relations of influence between a stateless indigenous society and the settler-immigrants who would later form the state of Israel. Shattering our assumptions about these two seemingly irreconcilable cultures, Kimmerling composes a sophisticated portrait of one side's behavior and characteristics and the way in which they irrevocably shaped those of the other. Kimmerling focuses on the clashes, tensions, and complementarities that link Jewish, Palestinian, and Israeli identities. He explores the phenomena of reciprocal relationships between Jewish and Arab communities in mandatory Palestine, relations between state and society in Israel, patterns of militarism, the problems of jurisdiction in an immigrant-settler society, and the ongoing struggle of Israel to achieve legitimacy as both a Jewish and a democratic state. By merging Israeli and Jewish studies with a vast body of scholarship on Palestinians and the Middle East, Kimmerling introduces a unique conceptual framework for analyzing the cultural, political, and material overlap of both societies. A must read for those concerned with Israel and the relations between Jews and Arabs, Clash of Identities is a provocative exploration of the ever-evolving, always-contending identities available to Israelis and Palestinians and the fascinating contexts in which they take form.
Clash of Identities: Explorations in Israeli and Palestinian Societies.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34547
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Clash of Identities: Explorations in Israeli and Palestinian Societies
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Struggling for a Just Peace: Israeli and Palestinian Activism in the Second Intifada
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Blossoms on the Olive Tree: Israeli and Palestinian Women Working for Peace
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Blossoms on the Olive Tree: Israeli and Palestinian Women Working for Peace
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Deserted Villages Revisited (Explorations in Local and Regional Histo)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Mapping the Tasteland: Explorations in Food and Wine in Argentinean and European Culture (Hispanic Studies: Culture and Ideas)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The War of 1948: Representations of Israeli and Palestinian Memories and Narratives (An Israel Studies Book)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Questioning Causality: Scientific Explorations of Cause and Consequence across Social Contexts
- 2019-01-11Democratic Development East German, Israeli and Palestinian Adolescents
- 2018-12-27Democratic Development East German, Israeli and Palestinian Adolescents
- 2012-01-09"Blossoms on the Olive Tree: Israeli and Palestinian Women Working for Peace"
- 2011-10-09Blossoms on the Olive Tree: Israeli and Palestinian Women Working for Peace
- 2011-07-25Blossoms on the Olive Tree: Israeli and Palestinian Women Working for Peace
- 2009-10-27Janet M. Powers - Blossoms on the Olive Tree: Israeli and Palestinian Women Working for Peace
- 2009-04-22Shared Land/Conflicting Identity: Trajectories of Israeli and Palestinian Symbol Use (Rhetoric and Public Affairs)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Origins of the Slavic Nations: Premodern Identities in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Iranophobia: The Logic of an Israeli Obsession (Stanford Studies in Middle Eastern and I)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Introduction to Computing: Explorations in Language, Logic, and Machines
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Linguistic Ethnography: Interdisciplinary Explorations (Palgrave Advances in Language and Linguistics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.