Posted on 2017-11-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Prudence L. Carter and Kevin G. Welner | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 0199982988 | ISBN13: 9780199982981 |
Description: While the achievement gap has dominated policy discussions over the past two decades, relatively little attention has been paid to a gap even more at odds with American ideals: the opportunity gap. Opportunity and achievement, while inextricably connected, are very different goals. Every American will not go to college, but every American should be given a fair chance to be prepared for college. In communities across the U.S., children lack the crucial resources and opportunities, inside and outside of schools that they need if they are to reach their potential. Closing the Opportunity Gap offers accessible, research-based essays written by top experts who highlight the discrepancies that exist in our public schools, focusing on how policy decisions and life circumstances conspire to create the "opportunity gap" that leads inexorably to stark achievement gaps. They also describe sensible policies grounded in evidence that can restore and enhance opportunities. Moving beyond conventional academic discourse, Closing the Opportunity Gap will spark vital new conversations about what schools, parents, educators, and policymakers can and should do to give all children a fair chance to thrive.
Closing the Opportunity Gap: What America Must Do to Give Every Child an Even Chance.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33605
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Closing the Opportunity Gap: What America Must Do to Give Every Child an Even Chance
- 2017-10-12[PDF] And the Weak Suffer What They Must?: Europe's Crisis and America's Economic Future
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Closing the Power Gap between ASIC & Custom: Springer Tools and Techniques for Low Power Design - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Closing the Power Gap between ASIC & Custom: Springer Tools and Techniques for Low Power Design
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Opportunity Equation: How Citizen Teachers Are Combating the Achievement Gap in America's Schools
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Teach to Work: How a Mentor, a Mentee, and a Project Can Close the Skills Gap in America [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Teaching As Leadership: The Highly Effective Teacher's Guide to Closing the Achievement Gap
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Closing the Gap Between ASIC & Custom: Tools and Techniques for High-Performance ASIC Design - Removed
- 2019-08-27Connecting Boys with Books 2 Closing the Reading Gap
- 2019-04-11And the Weak Suffer What They Must by Yanis Varoufakis - Removed
- 2018-11-06Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Growing Firm
- 2018-08-07Gender in Agriculture Closing the Knowledge Gap
- 2018-08-01Closing the Power Gap between ASIC & Custom Tools and Techniques for Low Power Design
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Closing the Asylums: Causes and Consequences of the Deinstitutionalization Movement
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Gosnell: The Untold Story of America's Most Prolific Serial Killer
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Closing the Ring (The Second World War, Volume 5)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Understanding the Digital World: What You Need to Know about Computers, the Internet, Privacy, and Security
- 2018-01-21[PDF] In The Graveyard of Empires: America's War in Afghanistan [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Bridging the Skills Gap: Innovations in Africa and Asia (Technical and Vocational Education and Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.